• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

First Impressions of First Hasiya

First Impressions of First Hasiya

The first thing that I thought when I saw the HI box is how cute it looked. Upon opening I was amazed at the craftsmanship of the blade itself. It possesses a razor sharp blade, slightly dulling towards the tip that somehow reminds me of the claw on the foot of a veloceraptor. A small carnivorous dinosaur that hunted in groups and that killed prey with a single large claw on each foot. (See: Jurassic Park). About the size of a Ka-bar it could very well be employed as an extremely effective weapon. Not as large as some of the Kamas I have seen out there it is still a great choice of weapon for martial arts, very light (6oz according to Uncle) and lively. The uniqueness of this knife is what impresses me the most. If you want a truly unique blade I suggest you send your money to Uncle. I have never handled a knife like this one, the feel is amazing, and I think it may truly be ALIVE! I haven’t had this thing five minutes and it has permanently taken up residence on my worktable, it screams to be held. It is too interesting a piece to place on my wall, and I can tell that it desires the attention of belonging where I do everything.

I have not tested the blade, I will have to think of something as to be sure not to hurt my little friend…What am I saying?!? This is a Sanu!!!!

The handle seems a little bit small, and a larger teardrop or oval shape might be better for the martial arts crowd. I am not complaining though the small length and diameter of the handle emphasizes how quick and lively the blade really is.

I don’t know about you guys, but when I have the money I will definitely order another.
Bottom line is that I am in love, and this Hasiya is truly perfect.

Back