First Ken Onion Pictures

Okay, direct from the forges in Nepal:

kenonion.jpg

Whatyathink?

The pieces will be numbered from 1 to 15 on the blade, and will be RANDOMLY shipped. Given time constraints, that's the only way I can do it. So whoever gets #1 will be a very happy camper, and given the finished product, #15 will also be just as happy.

And in the future, we MAY do another run of these. They won't be numbered.

Enjoy, and I look forward to your comments about the finished product. In my opinion, the bishwakarmas succeeded. There's no false edge on the reverse (wish there was), but the piece itself is well balanced, a pleasure to hold, and has TOP OF THE LINE fit and finish.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Gee, Craig, I'm too far down on the list for this shipment (#24). If anyone backs out, I would like to be considered. Very nice, and thanks for going through the pain.

Rene Sevilla

------------------
Watakushi Wa Shinajin Desu
DeathDancer

Movement, transcends movement, transcends thought--Zazen Mantra

Here's the list again:

1. Edd Harbin
2. Jon
3. kipkan
4. kipkan
5. MacHete
6. Kozak
7. OMRie
8. Jaeger
9. Blackdog
10. Marcus
11. RA Carignan
12. Lokelani
13. Deathblow
14. snipehunta
15. coyote
16. HankS
17. Ash
18. ArchAngel
19. X-Head
20. HankS
21. rdnzl
22. Grimas
23. Tom Carey
24. DeathDancer
25. Bill Siegle
26. phantom4
27. ArchAngel

I've just put up the order button on our website - it's in the Specials section (to the left of this screen if you're accessing the forum through our website).

The price is $119.00 (they were a bit more expensive due to the superior fit and finish than I'd expected). IF you're one of the first 15 to sign up, you have until 9:00pm EST this Sunday to purchase your khukuri. After that, I'll work down the list. If you don't get notified that there's one available, it means that they're all gone
smile.gif
Thanks everybody for being so patient with all this red tape. It's the only way I can keep the process streamlined, and therefore the products affordable.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

[This message has been edited by Craig Gottlieb (edited 06-26-2001).]

Beautiful looking piece of work.

I'm still interested (17th on the list though, dammit)
smile.gif

Craig, will you be emailing those who are down the list if they get a chance, a post here or do we just have to hope for the best?

Andre

------------------
"We're advising our clients to put everything they have into canned food and shotguns."

And the overall length seems to be about 14 inches, with a 3/8 inch thick blade at the thickest point.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

WOO-HOO!

I just ordered mine! While it may seem insensitive or in poor taste to celebrate my good fortune when so many others stand to be disappointed, I hearken back to my own tortured memories of WWIII's lost. In other words: I have felt your pain- but I ain't feelin' it now!

Thanks, Craig for enduring the hassle to make these happen. While I'm sure these projects are an exquisite aggravation for you, they are pure fun for us. They look great. As far as is visible in the picture, the fit and finish do look superior. I windex my loupe in anticipation.

I'd like to have this baby Kydexed. If any forumite has the skill and interest, or knows someone who does, please let me know. I'm looking for a universal rig.

------------------
Be Worthy

Jaeger: Thanks - I'm sure your slot will be well appreciated. In accordance with my distribution plan, I'll be "holding" Jaeger's until Sunday night, and then working my way down the list
smile.gif

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Funny thing - I was just stamping the numbers into the blade ricassos (yes, I did it myself), and guess what khukuri bounced off the anvil and nicked my finger? Number 13. So who says there's no such thing as luck!

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Craig:
I'm going to have to pass on the Ken Onion. I believe there are enough folks who want one that this won't be a problem. If it is a problem I'll take one as I originally signed up for one.

Thanks, and hopefully this willget posted this time.

Right now, I feel like a poor orphan staring through the window looking at the rich folks having a hearty meal.

From the outside, in wintry conditions, I stare longingly at the generous display of food on the dining table.

As far as this Onion kukri is concerned, I feel exacting like that. Due to fiduciary constraints, I have been compelled to be just a witness to this grand occasion where the master steelmen partake in this kukri revelry.

Spare a thought for many like me who can only stand and stare. Surely, life can only get better after this.....

Turns out a lot of people who were on the original Ken Onion list have moved on to other interests. Or, maybe they didn't like the lack of the false edge on the reverse. Whatever the case, I'm opening Ken Onion Khukuri Pig Stickers to General Ordering on the Forum only.

So, please ignore the warnings about not ordering on the site. There are 7 of these left. So, to avoid submitting extra orders, please register your intent to order one below, and then go to our "Specials" page and order.

Enjoy!

It`s real nice and all but (like the WWIII)I think it lost something in the translation. Count me out. Marcus

Back