Photos First Knife Done? - Walnut Handle Hidden Tang Slicer

No George, William Henry Sheffield was my apprentice years ago. He had trouble developing his own distinct style. If I wasn't so fond of him, I would have made sure he quit copying my projects. That's what I get for being older'n dirt. San Marcos dirt at that!
Mr Bookie, who was the Sheffield Bowie knife makers that I can remember in the knife annual books back in 1981-82-83 etc. there was one distinct maker that seemed to specialize in those.
I may have to dig my books out. I collected.....back in the day!

I love your Damascus pattern. Reminds me somewhat of a ladder pattern with a twist.

Last edited:
I got all the San Marcos dirt you can carry and then some just down the road from here Doc! How many tons would you take for that Bowie? Prolly even some fossils in it too:)

Used to live there Kamidog. Still have friends there. Yeah. I know that's difficult for you to believe, but I do have friends....even if they then turn out to be my father..........when I collect all that back allowance from pappy, I'll blaze down and we'll whomp up some mischief.

But of course, I wasn't aware that you were short changed in the allowance department.
Lets see, you moved out when you were 39, .........carry the one, add 3....does 13 bucks sound about right? Oh heck your mother just gave me my allowance, lets round up to even 20 for the mischief whomping.

Just so you know, you were always my favorite, I think mother liked your little brother Pugs best. Your middle brother Danny was always a handful.

C'mon over Doc! We could go to the Alamo and legally carry our longswords! I guess it would be more appropriate to carry a Bowie tho eh? Oh wait? Thats San Antonio. All them "Sans" towns get cornfusing. Bawanna you doin all them fancy calclations in your haid:eek:!!! I think theres a school here near San Angelo that teaches that stuff. Maybe that was in San Jacinto or San Saba?

Back