[First Look] New ZT WWHHHHAAAATTT?

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by jhyde7585, Jan 14, 2014.

1. HappyDaddy

HappyDaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Digging the 0801...

[​IMG]

2. dadams

dadams

Sep 18, 2013
    Love the look of the 0562, any more of the 0801?

3. HappyDaddy

HappyDaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2013
  4. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    for a couple of years now, I've been wanting a knife using Vanadis 4E. Looks like I'll end up with a 'hawk!

5. dadams

dadams

Sep 18, 2013
  6. dishcore

dishcore

Aug 25, 2012
    I'm sure you've found it already, but there is the new 0180.

http://zt.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/zt0180

7. JayGoliath

JayGoliath

Mar 27, 2010
    You could find a few post about V4E. I'm currently getting one made. V4E is basically the Bohler-Uddenholm version CPM3V except that it's cleaner and can be HT'ed to higher RC. It's a serious contender amongst the giants of tough cutlery steels like PD-1.

8. WJC01

WJC01

Mar 3, 2006
    I don't see the normal Hawk crew chiming in yet. I don't think this will cut into Storm Crow or RMJs customer base too deep. I'm a ZT fan but this looks too "United-ish" or "Boker-ish" for me.

9. dogrunner

dogrunner

Dec 26, 2003
    :) Nice to see options, but I'm not canceling my Storm Crow order. The 0180 otoh looks interesting...

10. Snakebreaker

Snakebreaker

Feb 7, 2013
    Yeah........certainly a different crowd. At any rate, I can see some functionality here but I'm also seeing design based on the "cool" factor in spite of its intended duty. I've got a major.......and I mean major problem with a breaching style hawk with a hole in the head. This screams "IM GOING TO GET HUNG UP IN MATERIAL AND BE A GIANT PAIN IN THE ASS TO PULL OR PRY OUT WHEN SECONDS SAVE LIVES".

Second is the apparent jimping in the handles pry end. This could possibly afford you a little more grip in the object your trying to pry, but it could also serve as a double edged sword as it could equally jam up in the intended object and not allow you to get a good set as well.

Last of all......seems like an awful "pointy" spike for a breaching hawk. I could see that tip breaking under decent impacts.

Any way.....at this point it's just a picture.....so we will see.

11. echoone

echoone

Mar 4, 2013
    While I'm excited for a ZT hawk I'm not a fan of the spike. As Snakebreaker mentioned it doesn't seem like it'd be a good breacher. For the price I'd probably just go with HHA.

12. basetta70

basetta70

Jun 24, 2010
    I'm so sorry to say that they look awful both Axe and knife

13. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    That spike. Why...? A concave profile is just such an awful idea. That point is gonna' be gone in no time.

14. Lpd226

Lpd226

May 22, 2011
    I much prefer the design of the hha lft

15. Ethan_Hardy

Ethan_Hardy

Sep 10, 2011
    Mmmmmm thats a sexy piece of steel! Glad I waited on getting a 0560. Now I can just get that beauty!!

16. sn8kedoc

sn8kedoc

Aug 13, 2012
    Damn something else to add to the list...i need cheaper hobbies....