1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 37 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Sabol Brothers Kiridashi , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

First Paring Knife. Completing a set.

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by r3dn3ck, Jun 1, 2013.

1. r3dn3ck

r3dn3ck

Dec 13, 2008
    Been slowly grinding out a set of decent kitchen knives for the wife. I've done the Chef's knife, the bread knife and now the paring knife. I need to find a petty blade and a fillet blade and the set will be done. Once I finish the kitchen knives I'll start pounding out a set of decent steak knives.

Still need to whittle off the squeeze out bits of epoxy here and there but they're otherwise looking good.

Alabama Damascus made the blade. I modified the handle profile a bit. Burled Amboyna scales, 2 part epoxy bond, no spacers. No power tools used.
    [​IMG]

Antique stainless blade, reshaped at the point and the end of the tang. Burled Yew wood scales, 2 part epoxy bond, no spacers. No power tools used.
    [​IMG]

Alabama Damascus made the blade. Burled Thuya scales, 2 part epoxy bond, no spacers. No power tools used.
    [​IMG]

2. justahobby

justahobby

Apr 9, 2013
    Very nice looking knives. How's that chef's knife performing? I'm thinking to order one from alabama damascus.

3. timbit

timbit

Jul 21, 2011
    Wow. That nakiri is giving me a major case of knife lust.

4. Fishinbo

Fishinbo

Jun 11, 2012
    They all look great, the handles are gorgeous. Great choice of woods and finish. I'm sure wife is very happy to have a great set. Great job!