First photos, three hunters.

Here are the first photos I have posted on here of completed knives. The top is a full tang 5160 hunter with stabilized cherry burl scales. OAL 11.25" and 5.5" from tip to ricasso. The next is a hidden tang 5160 hunter with stabilized cherry burl handle, ambrosia flamed maple and black spacers, and brass guard. OAL 11.75" and 5.5" from tip to ricasso. The bottom is a hidden tang 5160 hunter with ambrosia flamed maple handle, black spacer and brass guard. OAL 11.25" and 5.5" from tip to ricasso.:)

Attachments

• Hunters copy.jpg
    Hunters copy.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 237
Thanks, I appreciate it. The two hidden tangs were the first I had ever tried. I have only made full tangs before these.

Here is another pic of the two hidden tangs. I was looking back through them and realized I had an admirer in the pic:D

Attachments

• Hunters 1.jpg
    Hunters 1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 52
Here is a sheath I made a couple weeks back for the Ambrosia Hunter. I know I need some more practice on my leather work. But it seems to be coming along.

Attachments

• sheath.jpg
    sheath.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 29
Your knives look very clean and detailed :thumbup: For a first time with hidden tangs, they appear to be of very high quality. Have you used them for their intended purpose (hunting)? They look too clean to have been used much, yet :p
I can't comment on the design for a hunting knife, as I've never hunted before (blasphemy, I know!) I know the standard length for a hunting knife is usually around 4" so these seem a little longer than usual. However, that's not necessarily bad. Therefore, I recommend testing 'em out on a hunt or having someone else use them and give you feedback.

All things considered, they certainly look good.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah they are clean and haven't been used yet they are fresh off the shop table. I am just finishing up the sheaths for them now. I don't know if I will test them out or whoever buys them but I am curious as to their performance also. I sold a knife recently to a wild hog hunter in Georgia and he said he would let me know how his did. It was a little different model then these but I am still curious.

Back