First Run of BK62's to Be Released

I think if you search for it, it's there on Kabar's site.

I am totally pleased with the current BK-62 Kephart. I don't want to change anything. It is hair popping sharp now and for the time being I just treated the handles with Renaissance wax. Probably will do the linseed oil treatment, but for the time being it's fine with the wax.

I would probably be game also for a 4" BK-62 if they made one and keeping it consistent historically.

I think if you search for it, it's there on Kabar's site.

I am totally pleased with the current BK-62 Kephart. I don't want to change anything. It is hair popping sharp now and for the time being I just treated the handles with Renaissance wax. Probably will do the linseed oil treatment, but for the time being it's fine with the wax.

I would probably be game also for a 4" BK-62 if they made one and keeping it consistent historically.
The bk62 is an easy find elsewhere just not on KaBars site :D

Makes me wonder if the Kephart is going to be a limited production knife for Kabar. Other knives appear rather quickly... examples are the Kabar EK knives.

I would tend to agree, they have some overlap with the bk-16 that has such a Huge following....I have always believed the 62 was for more of a niche market.... Those who love it Love it! but the rest wont adapt it as readily.
I could be wrong! We shall see.... :/

I would tend to agree, they have some overlap with the bk-16 that has such a Huge following....I have always believed the 62 was for more of a niche market.... Those who love it Love it! but the rest wont adapt it as readily.
I could be wrong! We shall see.... :/
It may be perceived as sort of a niche market. So is the BK-2 even if many buyers don't know it. If the BK-62 is a limited production knife, I'm okay with that. I have mine and like it. The possibility of the knife just disappearing does not nudge me toward buying another one (just in case). Have too many others already.

Last edited:
I agree with you . I really like it , just the thought that went into it back in the day is very Cool :thumbsup: and I think KaBar did a very good job recreating it and keeping the cost to us so low. Plus the way it functions and feels for such a simple looking Knife at a glance is sill pretty amazing to me :thumbsup: but for a lot of folks it probably just looks like an old bait knife :p glad I have 2 :D

Last edited:
....Plus the way it functions and feels for such a simple looking knife at a glance is sill pretty amazing to me :thumbsup: but for a lot of folks it probably just looks like an old bait knife :p glad I have 2 :D
Simple but highly functional. It doesn't have to be a niche knife because it can handle most of the woods tasks just fine short of chopping much. But I agree that most of us are not conditioned to choosing a spear point knife for an all a-rounder. It is in fact an all a-rounder. I wouldn't mind owning two. But it is sort of piled higher and deeper kind of thing for me at this point. Who knows how I'll feel a month from now about this?

Makes me wonder if the Kephart is going to be a limited production knife for Kabar. Other knives appear rather quickly... examples are the Kabar EK knives.

The BK62 is full production. We are waiting to get the next batch in house and prepared to ship. Targeting the next few weeks. The early release of the limited quantities was because we wanted to get some out for the holidays for folks who wanted to get or give them as gifts. We generally wait to release products until we have a stockpile that allows us to fill orders and are certain any concerns have been addressed.

Back