First Sebenza landed, Meh. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

My first Sebenza just landed. A small 21. I really want to be excited, but I'm not. Right after I opened it up, and checked it out, I just received some really really bad news over the phone...

Now I am completely unexcited, and this knife will always remind me of said bad news. I'm probably too sentimental *shrug*.

Well thems the breaks right? Onward and upward!

Anyone else have a similar experience opening a new knife?

-Freq

I've never been "underwhelmed" by a knife I've bought.

I will say I don't get the Sebanzas... I'm not knocking them, they just don't do anything for me. I'd give $150 for one. Tops. Just not my thing for some reason.

I've never been "underwhelmed" by a knife I've bought.

I will say I don't get the Sebanzas... I'm not knocking them, they just don't do anything for me. I'd give $150 for one. Tops. Just not my thing for some reason.

Cool. Glad to see that someone will pay $150 for something that doesn't do anything for them.

:rolleyes:

Hopefully you can turn that bad news around and look at it in a positive light! That way the Sebenza can always remind you of the "light" at the end of the tunnel! :thumbup:

Don't get me wrong, the knife is great. This situation would be the same if it was 10 dollar knife, or a 10k dollar knife.

Meh meh meh. I guess I should just cheer up. I have enough disposable income to buy knives. Things could be worse.

-Freq

Welcome to life - it ain't fair.
Enjoy the knife. She'll be good to you as mine has been to me.
Carry on...

Cool. Glad to see that someone will pay $150 for something that doesn't do anything for them.

:rolleyes:

As a high quality, functional user it's worth it.

Just because it's design and feel don't excite me don't mean I don't see the value it holds as a tool.

I carry a Buck Vantage Pro every day to work. The design of that one doesn't excite me. But it fills a role in my life. I'd love a large Seb for my camping gear. Just not enough to pay what they go for.

Don't get me wrong, the knife is great. This situation would be the same if it was 10 dollar knife, or a 10k dollar knife.

Meh meh meh. I guess I should just cheer up. I have enough disposable income to buy knives. Things could be worse.

-Freq

Hows about buying a CS American Lawman for your buddy Tostig ? :D

I hope things cheer up for ya !

Tostig

The Sebenza is a really good, really solid, simple, well-designed knife. But it's not a goddamn Hattori Hanzo.

-Freq

you should get rid of the knife ASAP since it will always make you think of bad times, send it to me and i will make sure it finds a nice home.

How about going out and having 10 fantastic life experiences and playing with it then?

How about going out and having 10 fantastic life experiences and playing with it then?

Put the knife in your watch pocket (assuming you're wearing jeans), go out to a party (a bar does not count), meet a hot female (who's name you will never ever remember for the rest of your life), and then wake up with semi-coherent memories of countless ways you violated her (and the way she kept asking for more) that night... Every time you use that Seb, you will always chuckle to yourself about Jane Doe and all the old memories attached to it will be long gone.

:D

Put the knife in your watch pocket (assuming you're wearing jeans), go out to a party (a bar does not count), meet a hot female (who's name you will never ever remember for the rest of your life), and then wake up with semi-coherent memories of countless ways you violated her (and the way she kept asking for more) that night... Every time you use that Seb, you will always chuckle to yourself about Jane Doe and all the old memories attached to it will be long gone.

:D

Not a bad idea I suppose, although perhaps not so family friendly for the General forum. I just read however in the materials that came with the knife, that you should wash any acidic debris off with running water, including blood.
Being that my GF would probably use the Seb to gut me, and stain my carpets with my own if I engaged in the scenario above and NOT wash said acidic debris off afterward...how could I do that to her, and a new knife?

Anyway, the knife itself is great.

-Freq

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back