1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

First spyderco

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by nick_30, Jun 2, 2018.

1. nick_30

nick_30

Aug 21, 2011
    [​IMG] So I've been a knife nut for a while and have finally got my first spyderco.....a pm2 in cruwear and I've got to say, not disappointed at all, it is phenomenal. I now understand what all the hype is about, they build knives that perform first and foremost, absolutly outstanding cutting performance, hht4 level with a .01 polish at factory angle.

Also added the aramis cf grand scales, pocket clip and backspacer to it as well. Deffintaly my grail spyderco.
    Also picked up a myrtle as well before they were all gone with a smoking deal.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Filoso, Murphjd25, 4mer_FMF and 4 others like this.
  2. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I just got my new PM2 in Cruwear earlier this week. Congrats, it's a fine folder. I have had extensive collections of PM2's and Millitary models in the past...(they're gone now)...but this is my first Cruwear.
    I never get tired of the compression lock and the free-fall blade drop. It is suspected that you will happily purchase many more as time goes on. I'm happy for you.
    Don
    p.s. a great mod you have there, and a nice mirrored edge.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  3. nick_30

nick_30

Aug 21, 2011
    I've got it adjusted when it is facing blade straight up in the air, if I disengage the lock, the blade free falls all the way down with no lock rock or movement.... Love it!

4. nick_30

nick_30

Aug 21, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This would have been a great knife if it would have been a flipper and ran on bearings. But sadly, terrible designed knife with respect to operation but its staying in the collection

Mo2 likes this.
  5. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    That’s probably the best looking PM2 I’ve ever seen! Awesome knife. Thanks for sharing!

Riz!, Knifeoholic and nick_30 like this.
  6. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    That is the best looking PM2 I have seen too! Congratulations and enjoy that beauty!

nick_30 likes this.
  7. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Very sweet knife ! ! !
    I often say I think my Para 2 with the natural green scales and stainless hardware looks like something a space alien would carry (that's partly why I like it)

I think your Grail with the carbon fiber clip looks like what the Xenomorph XX121 in the film Alien would carry :thumbsup:.

nick_30 likes this.
  8. nick_30

nick_30

Aug 21, 2011
    Thanks guys, it is kinda ridiculous having a 300$ pm2, but it is totally worth it to have something personalized to me that is unique.

Riz! and Murphjd25 like this.
  9. nick_30

nick_30

Aug 21, 2011
    You know....now that you mention it, the clip does kinda look like the alien ship shape

10. bladesrckool

bladesrckool

Jan 25, 2017
    Nice! How long did the scales take to get to you?

11. nick_30

nick_30

Aug 21, 2011
    They shipped may 18th and received them the 1st of june. That was the worst part. I was getting ready to call USPS because They showed it had been processed through the New York hub around the 24th or 26th and never change the updated status until Thursday of last week , and then it was delivered the next day

12. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    I really want a set of those scales on my PM2. Already have the stock C.F. scales so kind of hard to justify replacing them, but those contours look great!

13. nick_30

nick_30

Aug 21, 2011
    I will say, the pocket clip is a pretty tight fit in the pocket. Really tight retention on this one

14. nick_30

nick_30

Aug 21, 2011
    Truth be told, I just sat the clip and screws on the handles for the pics. The factory screws were not long enough which is weird because he said he had never had that problem. His stuff is always within .01mm. But I could not for the life of me get the cf or factory clip to screw in.
    I ended up having to order longer screws from a guy on Ebay that worked but they are about a 32nd to a 16th to long.
    Got them in now and it has a VERY strong clip retention

15. nick_30

nick_30

Aug 21, 2011
    [​IMG] update....got the screws back out and ground them down a tad. They were very close to the blade and now are perfect flush

16. davz45

davz45

Oct 31, 2010
    Very Nice! I'd love to have c.f. on my manix2
    My pm2 came with scales similar to yours,love that smooth cf!!

nick_30 likes this.
  17. kingston73

kingston73 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2013
    Nice, I’ve got a set of Aramis g10 scales on my standard s30v dlc blade. I ordered a set of micarta scales for my cruwear from g10.it who is also here on the forum. Love the pm2, by far my favorite knife of all time.

18. nick_30

nick_30

Aug 21, 2011
    I just took'er down to 13dps. Seriously, sharpest knife I have ever messed with. Borderline hht5, its ridiculous[​IMG]

19. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    Beautiful PM2 you have!

Forgive me, but what is “hht5”???

Dallas T and nick_30 like this.
  20. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    HHT = hanging hair test, 5 = when the hair is silently cut in two when it touches the edge.

Dallas T, Riz! and nick_30 like this.