First time post with pics

Judging by how hard it is to profile I think so. I've been trying to keep it cool as possible by dipping it in water so as not to mess up the heat treat
My Cam Matchax has used up at least 10 coarse belts just getting to 20°. No end in sight trying for 18°:(

My Cam Matchax has used up at least 10 coarse belts just getting to 20°. No end in sight trying for 18°:(
I've been trying to keep my eye out for a bk4 warrior machax but no luck. Guess I'm lucky I got the regular one before the prices went through the roof

I'm half tempted to see if I can rough most of it out with a file. I'd hate to wreck the heat treat by using a grinder

I'm half tempted to see if I can rough most of it out with a file. I'd hate to wreck the heat treat by using a grinder
I have done 90% of my blades on the KO. I make one pass on each side let it rest for 10-20 seconds and hit it again. I have never had an issue with heat. Time consuming yes but no issues. No rolled edges and no chipping unless it was operator error hitting a rock.
Oak, Apple, Cedar in 20° weather. Except for my Damn Cam Machax!!!!! Maybe I will use it to cut watermelons lol

Long time lurker, first time posting. Just wanted to share pictures of the current full size Beckers in my collection. Still working on getting a BK21 Reinhart, BK20, BK12, BK77. The next small becker I'll be buying is the BK16. Tons of valuable information here on this forum!

Left to right in the pic:
Camillus BK1 Brute, Kabar BK2 Companion, Kabar BK4 Machax, Kabar BK5 Camp Magnum, Camillus BK6 Patrol Machete (From unfinished old stock), Kabar BK7, Kabar BK 39, Kabar BK29 Moses

Congrats on the nice steel! Are you from the PNW?

I have done 90% of my blades on the KO. I make one pass on each side let it rest for 10-20 seconds and hit it again. I have never had an issue with heat. Time consuming yes but no issues. No rolled edges and no chipping unless it was operator error hitting a rock.
Oak, Apple, Cedar in 20° weather. Except for my Damn Cam Machax!!!!! Maybe I will use it to cut watermelons lol
Sounds like I better order a bunch more belts. I have been using it with the blade grinding attachment and love the KO worksharp.

Thanks!
Just south of seattle in the Maple Valley/Covington area.

Nice, I'm often mountain biking around there as I live over in W. Seattle. There's quite a few quality Beckerheads in the PNW, 'tis a great part of the country for sure.

Nice, I'm often mountain biking around there as I live over in W. Seattle. There's quite a few quality Beckerheads in the PNW, 'tis a great part of the country for sure.
I've lived here all my life (39 years in August) and was born in Renton. We used to live right off Admiral Way until our house burned down while we were out at the cabin for the weekend when I was 3. Been out in this area ever since. I have a lot of cousins close to my age that grew up in Burien and Des Moines so I hung out in that area quite a bit as a kid.

I've lived here all my life (39 years in August) and was born in Renton. We used to live right off Admiral Way until our house burned down while we were out at the cabin for the weekend when I was 3. Been out in this area ever since. I have a lot of cousins close to my age that grew up in Burien and Des Moines so I hung out in that area quite a bit as a kid.

Nice, I was born and raised in Burien and now live just north of White Center, went to school in Des Moines as well. It's all a great locale to live, lots of fun stuff to do and places to go.

Yeahs its pretty insane that I've lurked since September of 2010 now that I think about it.
Welcome to the forum, 2zero6! Glad to see some mighty blades in your collection! Wow, you've been a lurker for quite a while! :p

Great way to make a first post here!
Awesome collection you have going.
Enjoy the crowd :)

Added the bk21 last Christmas
20200228-120859.jpg

Last edited:
Been lurking here awhile, figured id go ahead and post seeing the new 18.

Im not sure if i want to jump on the 18 just yet. Being new, its not going anywhere while discontinued and/or rare models are still out there. But that 18 is a looker and looks very usable while discontinued models were discontinued for a reason

Been lurking here awhile, figured id go ahead and post seeing the new 18.

Im not sure if i want to jump on the 18 just yet. Being new, its not going anywhere while discontinued and/or rare models are still out there. But that 18 is a looker and looks very usable while discontinued models were discontinued for a reason

I'm still waiting to find a bk20 on a deal like I found the bk1 and the bk39 ($150) :)

Back