First time using LifeSharp - A+

I bought a Bugout, several months ago. Loved it, but hated the plastic handles. So I picked up a set of Rockscale Design's plain sand blasted ti scales and swapped them onto the knife.

When doing the swap, I cross threaded the screw the holds the back side of the liner on one side. As I was tightening it, just as I thought 'this doesn't feel right' it stripped the threads. Dangit. I'm a reasonably handy guy, I had a custom bicycle wheel building business for a while, so I'm not an idiot and know how to put simple things like knives together, but it was a stupid mistake that made me angry with myself for making it haha.

I e-mailed them and asked if I could purchase another liner and screw, but they said I'd have to send it it, they don't ship out internal parts like that. I actually carried it and used it for about three weeks without the screw. But then the Omega spring popped loose, and I knew it was time to send it in.

I shipped USPS flat rate on the Thurs the 7th.
They received it Tues the 12th.
They shipped it out a week later on Tues the 19th.
UPS took their sweet time and I got the knife back Weds the 27th (I do live in GA, so it had to go all the way across the country basically)

When I sent it in for repair I was totally upfront about the mistake being user error. I did not take the ti scales off before sending it in. Technically I voided the warranty by swapping the scales. I also asked for an extra pocket clip to put on another knife. I fully expected to get a phone call asking for a credit card number to pay for the repair, new parts, and the extra clip. I never received that call, they warrantied everything. Score!

When I got it back it had a little oil on the scales, it wiped right off. The action was smooth and blade was centered with no play just like it was before I sent it off. The new liner was in, as was the screw, they did send me the extra clip I asked for, and they had touched up the edge. The edge was pretty sharp, but there was some very visible grind/machining lines on the edge. I gave it a few swipes on my diamond bench stone and now those marks are less visible and it's super sharp now. It's certainly not polished, but it is shaving sharp.

Overall, I was very happy with the LifeSharp service. Faster turn around would always be nice, but with us being on opposite corners of the country it wasn't unreasonable. I would still prefer to just put the part in myself though!

I'm glad to have it back, I really do enjoy this knife.

fft29Oc.jpg

6htdfgL.jpg

Back