First ZT?

UPDATE:

Got my first ZT. I wanted to get the 0452cf but member Ebidis wouldn't stop pushing the 0900. So, as it suits my destination city a little better for everyday carry and I have been digging on small knives lately, of course I took his advice... :D

25127335776_5ee570ef0c_c.jpg

This stumpy little sucker is super fun to flip! It is my first non-assisted flipper and it feels great. Also, it is surprising how a 3 finger knife can feel like a 4 finger knife with the angled butt in this design.

Here are some size comparison shots. Top to bottom: Benchmade 940, ZT 0900, Benchmade 707:

24858018420_31bd39111b_c.jpg

25153683735_0ed5e292ed_c.jpg

I very, very rarely take the 707 out of the house, as the height of the handle makes it feel small. Not so with the stumpy 0900. Very comfy grip. Well done.

Now that I have a fever for the flavor of ZT, the 0804cf is on deck. And the 0456 and the 0220 and the 0801bw. And maybe, if Ebidis doesn't change my mind again, I'll try out the 0452cf. Thanks for all of your help lining up my next 5 knife purchases, knife brothers :thumbup:

I Am flattered that you would give such credence to my opinions, but you got it wrong. Look at my posts, I was pushing the 0452cf, LOL.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to try again; Hey, for your next knife you should really try the 0452cf. LOL:D

BTW, congrats on the 0900, also a great choice.

I Am flattered that you would give such credence to my opinions, but you got it wrong. Look at my posts, I was pushing the 0452cf, LOL.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to try again; Hey, for your next knife you should really try the 0452cf. LOL:D

hahah. Ohhhhh, that's what you were saying. ;)

Seriously, though, I will get a 0452cf. :thumbup:

I have a 0562CF in CTS-204P and I love it. Highly recommend it.

Just received my 0562CF this week and it is beautiful. I also have an 0566 which tends to be my EDC but on the weekends that 0562 will be my EDC of choice. Now I'm looking to pimp it out a bit with some Ti screws and perhaps even a custom scale.

Just received my 0562CF this week and it is beautiful. I also have an 0566 which tends to be my EDC but on the weekends that 0562 will be my EDC of choice. Now I'm looking to pimp it out a bit with some Ti screws and perhaps even a custom scale.
Suingab_10 has some on the bay, he is in the customs section under Knifemakers exchange.

Suingab_10 has some on the bay, he is in the customs section under Knifemakers exchange.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. I had my mind set on smooth CF with white Korean letters - 행 복 since my wife is Korean. Something like this one but in CF:

http://g10.lt/?p=3220

I've wonder if anyone here has ordered from this guy since the scales on his web page are pretty nice.

EDIT:

Well it looks like I came full circle and the guy you mentioned is the same person that has the scales I've been looking at.

Last edited:
0600 looks great but I never handled one. It looks heavier than any other ZT folders, correct? Also, is it on ball bearing?

Back to the topic of OP, it is a tough call since every ZT has some unique and attractive features. My first ZT was a 0801.

I EDC a 0600 most days. I think it carries a whole lot lighter than what you would think. Yes, it is on bearings, very smooth.

I have a few ZT's currently and they are all great. But my favorite so far is the 0450/0450cf. Flipps out the fastest and an excellent EDc with a deep carry clip .

I think that the OP's question is hard. I love ZT and I believe that there is specific knifes for specific purposes. But if I had to choose just one ZT for general use every day carry, it would probably be the ZT0566. For me, I feel it is the perfect size, weight, grip, and blade profile for a hard worker that fits my hand and pocket well.

Here is a picture of my ZT collection, if you want to know my thoughts on any, let me know.

http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/JQuirl/media/DSCN0751_zpskwsiotbr.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

By the way, I am very anxious for the 0456

Last edited:
Update: I have been whipping on this little knife while prepping new house (Leatherman is packed away). Shaving sheetrock, prying staples from wood, notching 4x4s, etc. Very handy little folder.

25174663799_23a68a7e10_c.jpg

Back