fishin

This is a first post for me as far as this blade being damascus. A friend of mine, Ray Coon, had made the damascus and was wanting to see if I could forge a hawk out of it for him but everytime I tried to drift the eye it would seperate on me. I've always hated to see a piece of steel like this go to waste so I cut the bar up and made a few knives out of it. This one has a 7 1/2" blade with a cocobola handle and wrought iron fittings.
PDRM0401.JPG

That looks great Ray. Where are you getting you hardware material?? and how does it work with a file, it sure looks nice.

Bill

Bill, I'm getting the hardware from an old piece of wrought iron wagon wheel. If you can find some it does not work hard at all. I just cut a strip off, stick it in the forge and straighten it out and thats all the forging I do with it. What I've found from my past use of the wrought iron is the more I forge it the more it refines the grain and I like the looks of it not being as tight. The piece that came off the wheel is 1/2" thick and 4" wide. I'm really liking it myself.

Mike, I appreciate your comment, thanks... Ray

That is a beautiful piece. I really like the way your doing the fittings on this series of knives you've been showing lately. Very sweet.:D

All the best,
Mike U.

Wow, everything goes together so nicely.
Congrats on another beauty.
Regards,
Greg

Back