1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Fishing, 2019

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by Mark Knapp, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Dec 20, 2009
    I moved my fish house to a laker lake. And here's my first fish there.
    [​IMG]

2. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    That's a good size !! How many pounds do you think?

As an aside, do you make filleting knives? I'd be interested to see what you use.

3. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Nice start !

4. Mark Knapp

Dec 20, 2009
    12-14 pounds. Yep, I make fillet knives.

5. bralexander

bralexander

Jun 8, 2014
    A few days ago I noticed there was no Fishing 2019 thread and thought about starting one... then I realized I had not taken any pics of my catches this year! Oh well, I'm glad someone stepped up!... Here's a fat Bluegill from the other day I caught with my Dock Demon Deluxe!

[​IMG]

6. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    When I got home from work last Thursday afternoon I was dragging ass after a 16 hours shift. The weather was unbelievable so after a shower and cold beer I decided to slip away for just a couple hours. Good thing I did, for me not for the trout. Got him on my favorite lure for spinning rod, 1/32 oz gold jig with a watermelon pearl Gulp Minnow.
    [​IMG]

7. HCrum87hc

HCrum87hc Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2012
    We had some incredible weather here last week, so I took the day off work and snuck away for some time on the creek.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    What species are those? The first one especially looks like a Little Kern Golden Trout or perhaps a Kern River Rainbow, but you are not anywhere near their native range.

9. JB in SC

JB in SC Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2001
    Probably a steambred South Carolina rainbow. We have some very pretty fish in some drainages.

10. HCrum87hc

Feb 21, 2012
    Those are both wild rainbows from the Pisgah Forest in NC.

@JB in SC we sure do have some great wild trout streams in SC if you're willing to get to them.

11. JB in SC

JB in SC Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2001
    I caught my first trout on a fly in 1965. I fished a lot of small streams over the years in GA, SC, and NC. I really enjoyed it when I was younger and more agile.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  12. bralexander

bralexander

Jun 8, 2014
    Love all the trout pics! They are such nice looking fish!
    Bruce

fishiker likes this.
  13. HCrum87hc

Feb 21, 2012
    I've pretty much forsaken all other fishing besides mountain fly fishing. I love getting out in the middle of nowhere with nobody else around enjoying God's creation for a day and testing myself against those wily trout.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  14. Mark Knapp

Dec 20, 2009
    Is that a big Brookie, how big? It's pretty hard to tell the lakers from brookies when they get big and the tail is altered.

15. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    It's a Brookie. I caught him in a delayed harvest stretch of state trout water so it may have been in the stream a year or a few weeks. I seldom keep fish but my wife asked me to bring a few home for dinner. The fillets had a wonderful color similar to salmon. My friends had a fit when I told them we ate him and didn't bother with applying for a citation.

16. Mark Knapp

Dec 20, 2009
    Nice, how big?

17. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Somewhere between 3 1/2 and 4 lbs on a cheap set of pocket scales.

18. Mark Knapp

Dec 20, 2009
    Very nice.

fishiker likes this.
  19. rt dak

rt dak

Dec 29, 2015
    Iced my PB white perch this past Saturday, weighed in at 2 lbs. Matched my PB yellow perch in January at 12 1/4".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brian77, dipbait, mewolf1 and 2 others like this.
  20. Mark Knapp

Dec 20, 2009
    Don't think I've ever seen a white perch. Are they as good eating as the yellow perch? Where are they? Nice fish.