Fiskars X7 14" Hatchet?

I'll drop it on the mail tomorrow!
Bruce

Sorry I'm so slow to respond to this thread, my mother has been in and out of the hospital so I've been out of touch with almost everything recently.

This is a nice little axe that seems perfect for my car or the tractor. The handle and head weight seem a little 'weird' at first but, having the majority of the weight in the head is going to help it cut better and the larger handle size will be easier on my hands, especially on bad wrist days. The 'sheath' also seems tailor made for the car. While a little bulky, it is easy to hang on to and won't set itself free unintentionally when stored in the trunk. When the rain stops, I hope to 'christen' it with some light limb work.

Thanks again Bruce! This axe will be put to good use and is appreciated very much.

I called Gerber and they sent me a sheath to fit my fiskars hatchet. I have the original Fiskers 14 in. Hatchet that has been a decect tool . I have the x5 which I think is discontinued . It is to short to be a good chopper it is decent for light stuff or splitting the pelvic bone on a deer. I have come to the conclusion that 12 inches of handle is about as short as you can get and still have some leverage to chop. I have a SOG fasthawk that I use alot it has a 12 inch handle and I have been using my Norse hawk more since I cut down a handle to 14 inches (have a full size handle too)

Back