1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 24 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Benchmade 535 Bugout, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

How To Fix this tools handle

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by Methuselah, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Methuselah

Methuselah Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2015
    I have the majority of the tools I think I need to start some leather work. This 4 and 1/2 in round head knife has a pin that is visible on one side but not the other. When I shake it there's play front to back, and a little bit side to side. The pin is tight the bolster is tight. I get the feeling the blade should be tight within the handle rather than as flimsy As It Seems. It's in very good condition I even have the sheath that came in. marked C S Osborne and Company.

So my question is is it supposed to be loose? or how do I pull out this pin and find out if the tang is broken inside?
    or do I use it as it is?
    If the Tang is broken inside, maybe that's why the guy gave it to me free with the stack of leather.
    Thank you everybody 20181003_202527.jpg

2. Tinbasher

Tinbasher

Jan 24, 2007
    If the pin goes all the way though then all you need to do is get a punch that is smaller than the pin and tap it out.
    it is unlikely that the tang is broken if it is still in the handle.

Richard