Fixed Blade & Folder Combo

Do you folks find yourself using the fixed blade for most of your cutting when you carry a fixed and folder pair routinely? That has been my experience and I was never a fixed blade user until I successfully started carrying a small fixed blade daily.

Lately I’ve come to like a small fixed blade as an edc, having a folder (back up) is from long time habit of carrying two knives.

Last edited:
Do you folks find yourself using the fixed blade for most of your cutting when you carry a fixed and folder pair routinely? That has been my experience and I was never a fixed blade user until I successfully started carrying a small fixed blade daily.

I'd say 8 out of 10 times I use the.fixed blade! Also depends on how I'm carrying said fixed blade. Around the neck or in the side slot pocket sure, but inside the waist or scout I tend to grab the folder! Knife.is only half the deal.. Needs a.good sheath for me to wanna carry it too! Ulti-clips are great. They make just about any sheath multi use!!

If I'm carrying a fixed blade and a folder its going to be my Esee 3 in kydex sheath on my belt secured with paracord for rigidity, and any folder really.

Its a great ccombo. The kydex sheath with the Esee is perfect, I wear a sturdy belt and if I weave some paracord through the holes on the sheath and then secure it to my belt it keeps the sheath nice and sturdy and free of side to side movement. Barely even know its there.

It does come in handy if I have to cut something more serious at work which does happen every now and then. Its a nice combo. Most of the times it's paired with a PM2, but that varies.

Endura&PSK EDC,
uQmn0j6.jpg

Back