Fixed-Blade Impulse

This is an oppertunity to try something new in the factory market. Although neck-knives are somewhat common, they tend to have very lack-luster designs. A production version of the Fixed-blade Krait would add style to the market. For manufacturing, contact Boye and see if you could just cast the blades to the proper shape, and then grind edges. Even without that, a D2 blade with colored G10 handles would make a really nice knife.
Aaron

------------------
amacks@nist.gov
Don't forget to pay your taxes...they eventually become my knives:)

To Amacks:

I appreciate your comments on a fixed blade Impulse. I have only seen CAD drawings of this knife and Darrel is working on one for me now. I will also review this knife with Darrel at the Guild Show. As a result no decision has been made on a production version.

Thanks for your comments.

------------------
Sincerely,
Outdoor Edge Cutlery Corp.

David Bloch,
President

[This message has been edited by David Bloch (edited 17 July 1999).]

A
I will have 4 of the Krait Straight knives at the show, also several Krait neck knives.
The straight knives will have the MSP system on them in 420v steel carbon fiber handles. They also have a tac tools 6 way kydex sheath.

------------------
Web Site At www.infinet.com/~browzer/bldesmth.html
Take a look!!!

[This message has been edited by Darrel Ralph (edited 16 July 1999).]

To Blades:

The Impulse is shipping the end of this month and should be in dealers hands the first week of August. I'll put a post in the General Forum as soon as they come in.

------------------
Sincerely,

David Bloch,
President

Visit our new web site at www.outdooredge.com

[This message has been edited by David Bloch (edited 27 July 1999).]

To Amacks:

After discussing the Fixed-blade Impulse with Darrel Ralph at the Guild Show, we have decided to hold of on producing this knife for now.

Current OEC Ralph designs in producion include 3-3/4" and 3" blade Impulse folders and a titanium frame-lock Apogee.

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,

David Bloch

[This message has been edited by David Bloch (edited 27 July 1999).]

To Mitchell:

The site works however there was a problem with the link from this page. Try it again and thank you for bringing this to our attention.
------------------
Sincerely,

David Bloch,
President

www.outdooredge.com

[This message has been edited by David Bloch (edited 01 August 1999).]

Thanks for the info, and all your work. I guess it' just as well, the Cosmos will hold me for quite a while in the Collaborations department
Aaron
ps so when are you going to collaborate with Hawg Knifes
biggrin.gif

------------------
amacks@nist.gov
Don't forget to pay your taxes...they eventually become my knives
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by amacks (edited 27 July 1999).]

Back