Fixed Blade Senbenza

SALTY

Gold Member
This is what we need. The One Piece range is pretty well filled out with sizes and variants (though I have few ideas there as well) but what we need is a fixed blade Sebenza. Make it out of BG-42, same sizes and shapes and put handle slabs on there made of Ti or the various woods available. Chris, Anne do you hear me here. This could be a winner. :) :cool:

All I want is bragging rights for thinking of it (publically) first, a free one of each model with each different handle slab, royalties on all sales and other perks to be determined.

If you made it, I would buy it, except for the fact that I wouldn't need to in respect to my generous offer above.

Would anyone else buy one?

Funny you should ask. I was just searching the Greg Lightfoot site for a fixed blade with BG 42 and a hollow grind like my large Sebenza's. If Chris Reeve had one available I wouldn't be searching around for one. Don't get me wrong I love my Mountaineer for tough work but I was looking for an edge other than convex for everyday carry in a fixed blade. I'll buy one!

there have been several pieces already made similar to what you were saying and they all leave me wanting one or two or more of them myself.... :D

Originally posted by Joe Chen
I remember I have a picture for fixed CRK with wood inlay.
The blade shape looks like Sebenza.
Here is the picture.

Wow... Joe, is that an old or a newish model? Had no idea anything like that existed from Reeve. One-off? Prototype?

rdangerer,
My friend got the knife from ebay 4 months ago and the seller said:
CHRIS REEVE, world class knifemaker and member of the Knifemakers Guild, produced a limited series of 5 art knives, each featuring a different exhibition grade wood inlay. This is number five of the series called the "Integral Outegral" (number 5 is engraved into the knife below the Reeve logo). It is a one piece integral backpacker-type with an inlay which contours to the perimeter of the knife, of highly figured snakewood. Frame is milled where the thumb and index
finger rest for a positive grip. Frame and blade have hand-rubbed satin finish. OAL 9", Blade 3 1/2". One of the more unusual Reeve knives ever made, entirely crafted by Chris himself. HIGHLY FUNCTIONAL, YET A STRIKING PIECE OF KNIFE SCULPTURE.

Hope this help. :)

Chris, Anne you following this? How many pre-solds would it take to convince you to do a run?

If this thing really takes off, you can have your people email my agent. :cool:

Originally posted by Pontiaker
Or this?

I was waiting on you to post that sucker!!!
Nice one there!

G2
(missed it by that much!!) ;)

Sorry Gary! If it had the wood handles like the one above, I would have kept it! Thats a nice knife.
Matt

It has been about 5 years since Chris made the Inter-Outergral knives - and he only made 10 (or there abouts). Like so many interesting projects, the only thing preventing them happening is that there are just not enough hours in a day.

Just for the record, the two other knives posted were made by Scott Cook, who used to work for us.

Anne

Originally posted by Chris Reeve Knives
Like so many interesting projects, the only thing preventing them happening is that there are just not enough hours in a day.

Anne

I've got a great idea. Let's figure out how many hours it would take for Chris to make me one of these. I'll come ouit there and do some of the more menial things for Chris that takes up the amount of hours it takes him to make my knife. For example, I can eat for him, sleep, relax, drive to the bank;) and any other similar time consuming endeavors that would not be as rewarding (to me) as one of these Intergral/Outegrals.

Whaddussay?:rolleyes:

Quite interesting! A matter strictly of taste, but I doubt I could work up enough enthusiasm for the knife to which Joe provided a link. But, either of the knives posted by Big Al and Pontiaker float my boat pretty well.

I'm curious, because of reading something where Chris Reeve was asked about BG-42 for the 1-piecers, that he said he needed a steel with a bit more ductilitiy to it. Certainly Cliff Stamps shattering of the SOG Recondo, would make one wonder if BG-42 is the best steel for larger knives. There are many steels which have proven themselves in larger formats. Choosing one wouldn't be too difficult.

I certainly think that handle scales would be important for the success of such a knife. I know I don't want a 5-6" bladed knife that is only the thickness of the blade stock.

Have to wonder a bit about cost too. Depending upon price point, a great more competition out there in the form of custom/handmade knives than there is for the Sebenza.

Hello Fixed Blade Fans:

Good news. I just found out what Scot Cook, the ex shop foreman at CRK and maker of the knives pictured above is doing. Surprise, surprise he is now a full time maker on his own in the Boise area. Go to the For Sale Forums, Knifemakers Corner, For Sale Fixed Blades and look for a posting by Scott for an Ironwood Hunter. All I can say is wow!!!

He has a web site that is still under construction, but does have a photo of one of his knives. www.scottcookknives.com

Since CRK is not making a Seb style fixed blade, hopefully both makers can get along with each other.

Mike in Seattle

Back