Fixed blades

First came the small Seb. Then in a fit of passion
A Lg Classic decorated. Now I am considering a Fixed blade. The Aviator seems a good place to start, but only because I like the sheath design.
The real question is do you guys actually put stuff in the handle compartment? If so, what. The only thing that comes to mind is a bunch of rolled up hundred dollar bills ,in case you meet someone on the trail with a Cris Reeve knife you wanna buy.

Here's my response to a similar question in the wilderness/survival forum:

"I have SAS Survival compasses from Triple Aught Design mounted in the caps of my CRK's, via some clear Marine grade silicone.IN the handles I have dry unlubricated condoms to hold my supplies.I carry water proof matches,fishin line,hooks,sinkers,iodine tablets, sewing needles,an item or two more.The larger One pieces you can fit more stuff in the handles,but I have enough of the basics in my small one piece.I also have a firesteel and DMT diamond Mini-Sharp's mounted on each sheath.Well,actually have a LDC pouch zip tied on my Concealex sheath from On/scene tactical that I bought from Murray at Proedge.The On/scene concealex sheath for my Mountaineer II, I have concealex holders/adapters for my Swedish firesteel and DMT Mini-sharp as part of the sheath that On/Scene Tactical made for it.That's about all I have in or out of the handles."

The Aviator I believe, is the smallest of the fixed blade series.You might be able to fit a similar array of goodies,but perhaps a lesser quantity.Even zip tying a small cocoon pouch to the sheath,would allow for a firesteel and a sharpening device such as a dmt diamond mini-sharp.Hopefully this helped.

Back