1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Carry Sheaths

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by Kathleen Brianne, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Kathleen Brianne

Kathleen Brianne

Jun 12, 2018
    Hi,

Currently, I switch between my folders, or OTF as my everyday carry. However, I am interested to see if anyone carries a fixed blade as an everyday carry? If so, what do you carry, and what type of sheath is it in?

Currently, I own the following fixed blades:

SOG SEAL Pup (Fixed)
    SOG Growl (Fixed)
    Raider II Boot Knife (Fixed)

Thanks!

Horsewright likes this.
  2. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    I often carry either an Ontario Cerberus or Tak Mod, both have kydex sheaths. Sometimes with teklok, sometimes tied to the belt.

3. Torrin

Torrin

Jun 16, 2017
    I carry 2 fixed blades on my belt everyday and sometimes a neck knife too.
    The 2 two on the belt are both carried horizontally either in kydex with good retention, or a leather sheath of my own creation with retention built in for horizontal carry, no straps.

4. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    I always have a folder of sorts plus a fixed blade. My fixed blade is a F4 from Gravelle knives. The F4 is with me 90% of the time. Other fixed blades rotated in are some of my Busse and Kin blades. Some kydex but mostly leather sheaths.

5. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Gary W. Graley likes this.
  6. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    here's a small fixed blade I made to be carried in the front pocket

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bike4fun919 and ANovinc like this.
  7. indawire

indawire Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 26, 2011
    On the weekend its a Morakniv in the stock sheath with a modified belt loop to allow it to swing freely. Or an Hess in the stock leather sheath that has been pinned halfway up the loop to make it fit a 1&14" belt. After work in the yard its usually one of several small edc's in a horizontal kydex sheath at 11:00 on the belt. During the day in the ofice it's gotta be a folder.

8. beattheheat

beattheheat

Jan 13, 2018
    rotation folders PM2's (DLT M390,BHQ M4) but the fixed are Koster Bushcraft with horizontal kydex or Mule Cruwear with kydex in the pocket.