FK2 just received

I don’t post often on the forum so I feel sometimes I repeat myself because no one knows who I am. In any case, I own some three hundred knives, most of them not the regular mass production kind. I own some pretty good knives. I have been fishing and hunting on a regular basis for most of my life.

That said, I just received my first Carothers knife, a FK2. With the exception of an old pair of Tony Bose drop point knives in 440V steel, I believe the FK2 is the best fixed blade knife I’ve had. And I make the exception with the Bose knives because I’ve used them for many years and I have never used a knife that comes close to them when it comes to dressing game. The FK2 is a new discovery. Not in vain my old friend Joe Paranee recommended it so heartedly.

For next week I expect a DEK1. I’m afraid I have discovered an extraordinary knife and knifemaker. I’m a happy camper. I already have proper leather sheaths on the way for these two knives.

I love my CPK UF (Utility/Fighter) in D3V steel with Black and Red Linen Micarta scales. I have some ECAM scales that I bought for it in the mail, but USPS seems to be sending them all over Timbuktu so I don't know if I'll ever receive them...
I also can't wait till my preordered DEK1 gets here.

UF-12a.jpg

I believe the FK2 is the best fixed blade knife I’ve had.

It's pretty tough to beat the original FK or the FK2 for field dressing IMO. Welcome to the CPK forum.

KlR6ygA.jpg

8lOGKYB.jpg

The FK2 is a great knife... but I'm in the group that likes the FK1 just a bit better. I just find the FK1 to be a better fit to my hand; yet, somehow, I find that I carry the FK2 more frequently. (No great mystery, really - it's the tricolor rag micarta.)
The DEK1 could probably knock both off my belt. I look forward to your thoughts when yours arrives.
View attachment 1418556

Last edited:
I don’t post often on the forum so I feel sometimes I repeat myself because no one knows who I am. In any case, I own some three hundred knives, most of them not the regular mass production kind. I own some pretty good knives. I have been fishing and hunting on a regular basis for most of my life.

That said, I just received my first Carothers knife, a FK2. With the exception of an old pair of Tony Bose drop point knives in 440V steel, I believe the FK2 is the best fixed blade knife I’ve had. And I make the exception with the Bose knives because I’ve used them for many years and I have never used a knife that comes close to them when it comes to dressing game. The FK2 is a new discovery. Not in vain my old friend Joe Paranee recommended it so heartedly.

For next week I expect a DEK1. I’m afraid I have discovered an extraordinary knife and knifemaker. I’m a happy camper. I already have proper leather sheaths on the way for these two knives.

love your post, welcome to the CPK forum and I'm glad you got yourself an FK. It's one badass, awesome knife! Joe asked if Nate would have something for you and I wasn't sure, but I'm super glad you got that model. No doubt it will serve you well

I just received my DEK1s, and man that is an awesome knife, (if I do say so m'self lol)

Glad you like it, Juan. And you take a MUCH better picture than I do. LOL.

As for the Eagles . . . oofah! They stunk it up, and that is not known as an understanding fan base. Would not want to be Wentz today. LOL.
All’s well that ends well. Thank you. The knife exceeded my expectations. As for the birds, well, for better, for worse; for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health...

love your post, welcome to the CPK forum and I'm glad you got yourself an FK. It's one badass, awesome knife! Joe asked if Nate would have something for you and I wasn't sure, but I'm super glad you got that model. No doubt it will serve you well

I just received my DEK1s, and man that is an awesome knife, (if I do say so m'self lol)

Thank you so much for the kind words. I truly appreciate it. By the way, I got very lucky and Jo will be shipping a DEK1 this week. Now I’m looking forward for a couple of Skinners to make it back from the grave. Hummm... Please take good care and be well.

Back