FK2 loop sheath pic request

mb>

Gold Member
Could someone post a pic of the FK2 loop sheath assembled. Trying to help clarify with someone how these go together so a couple detail pics would be helpful. I shipped one unattached.

Many thanks!

I saw that and it appears to use a pretty standard Chicago screw set, but the hardware I got is pictured below. Does it look familiar to anyone?

• Put the drop loop attachment against the sheath so the holes line up with the top two lines up holes like in the picture
  • Stick those anchor pieces on the right of your picture through the drop loop attachment into the sheath holes
  • Turn it over and screw the screws on the left of your picture into the anchor pieces

if you want another option ... Sagewood gear makes a leather drop loop and dangler if you want the dangle option ...

you would have to measure for sure but I believe the FK2 takes a size small ...

I don't have a picture of an FK2 with the Sagewood handy but it's exactly like this on a HDFK just a different size between mounting holes ...

HDFK with Sagewood dangler ...
2018-04-30 17.44.33.jpg
2018-04-30 17.41.06.jpg
2018-04-30 17.43.21.jpg

I found one picture of a FK2 with the orginal drop loop attachment if it helps ...
2019-02-16 14.25.34 (1).jpg

Stick the drop loop attachment so the holes line up with the holes like in the picture, stick those pieces on the right of your picture through the drop loop attachment into the sheath holes, screw the screws on the left of your picture into them
I tried that and was able to get one side fastened (barely), but the other side wouldn't even come close. There are no spacers as are common with these sort of attachments.

if you want another option ... Sagewood gear makes a leather drop loop and dangler if you want the dangle option ...

you would have to measure for sure but I believe the FK2 takes a size small ...

I don't have a picture of an FK2 with the Sagewood handy but it's exactly like this on a HDFK just a different size between mounting holes ...

HDFK with Sagewood dangler ...

I found one picture of a FK2 with the orginal drop loop attachment if it helps ...
I have owned the Sagewood Dangler in the past and I love it, but I was hoping to make this work until my leather Sagewood sheath arrives. I ordered some standard kydex screw sets from Amazon that should work.

Oh yeah supposed to be two washers on those anchor thingies
The real problem is that the screws are not long enough. To get one side fastened the threads barely catch. But no worries, I think the new hardware will solve the problem. Thanks for all the help.

I have owned the Sagewood Dangler in the past and I love it, but I was hoping to make this work until my leather Sagewood sheath arrives. I ordered some standard kydex screw sets from Amazon that should work.

if you contact Jo I'm sure she would send you some fasteners for the drop loop attachment.

I’m a little baffled. Are you setting it up for right hand carry Matthew? I‘m wondering if the handle hump matters for orientation. Washers would make the screw reach even shorter, no?

I’m a little baffled. Are you setting it up for right hand carry Matthew? I‘m wondering if the handle hump matters for orientation. Washers would make the screw reach even shorter, no?
Hey Mark,

No, it shouldn't matter whether it's set up for left or right hand carry. And yes, washers would only make the screws harder to fasten.

When I fasten one side down (with the threads barely catching) like this

the other side is so far off it won't fasten.

Needed some longer screws for a couple TekLoks, and was able to get the black coated screws at Ace Hardware. The heads were a bit different, but worked great.

Looking at my HDFK, the dangler cross piece on that one has some bend to it to reach the second anchor. If I took it apart, I’m pretty sure it would look short also for reach.

Can you pinch it down on the second side and bend the cross piece to close the gap? And maybe loosen the first screw (if it was tight), then tighten both once connected.

Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist Are we missing something obvious here??

Looking at my HDFK, the dangler cross piece on that one has some bend to it to reach the second anchor. If I took it apart, I’m pretty sure it would look short also for reach.

Can you pinch it down on the second side and bend the cross piece to close the gap? And maybe loosen the first screw (if it was tight), then tighten both once connected.

Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist Are we missing something obvious here??
Unfortunately it's quite a gap on the unfastened side and the fastened side doesn't really screw in enough to allow it to loosen any.

View attachment 1237207 How long are your screws? mb> mb> is this the original hardware? m.and m.and I would be happy to assemble it for you. You do have to loosely attach before running them down, but we do also have a spacer that I don’t see with yours, but without holding it, I am not sure what is going on. Sorry!

Thanks Jo! For the life of me, I think/thought it was the original hardware. But I guess it’s entirely possible I’m losing my mind if these have always had spacers. :confused:

I always reassemble hardware like that so I don’t lose it. Really baffling to me, and I sure hate to waste anyone’s time.

Thanks Jo! For the life of me, I think/thought it was the original hardware. But I guess it’s entirely possible I’m losing my mind if these have always had spacers. :confused:

I always reassemble hardware like that so I don’t lose it. Really baffling to me, and I sure hate to waste anyone’s time.
It’s not what I currently have, but it might be a previous iteration. I would be happy to get it figured out. Please send me an email at jocarothers gmail com

Back