FK2

Sorry to hear about the delays, hope you guys get your knives soon, and in good condition. I was fortunate to get mine on time, and I couldn’t be happier with it. The Cocobolo scales are beautiful (thanks Jo!:thumbsup::)) and the hard thin swedged blade cuts like a razor. Thank you Nathan and Mark.
z5Jfd5N.jpg

YVQqzUt.jpg

3z81Fky.jpg

Fits perfectly in the great sheath I got from Bill.:thumbsup::)
Ca7AsRr.jpg

Sorry to hear about the delays, hope you guys get your knives soon, and in good condition. I was fortunate to get mine on time, and I couldn’t be happier with it. The Cocobolo scales are beautiful (thanks Jo!:thumbsup::)) and the hard thin swedged blade cuts like a razor. Thank you Nathan and Mark.
z5Jfd5N.jpg

YVQqzUt.jpg

3z81Fky.jpg

Ca7AsRr.jpg
That one is sweet!

Well, thankfully, my pair of swedged FK2's made it home safely. Took a week-long detour to San Juan, Puerto Rico thanks to USPS o_O, but got delivered today. Phew!

Took some crappy indoor pics of my FK2 trio:

IMG_1475.JPG

My first, a "regular" FK2 with rag micarta:
IMG_1478.JPG

Swedged FK2 with double black micarta:
IMG_1476.JPG

Swedged #badidea harder and thinner with burlap micarta: :cool:
IMG_1477.JPG

Thinking I might move the black screws from my rag micarta to the double black one. I think both would look better for the swap. :thumbsup:

z5Jfd5N.jpg

YVQqzUt.jpg

3z81Fky.jpg

Ca7AsRr.jpg
OMG! That package is gorgeous:eek:, I know with Bill’s sheath it will last and the work the team did on that is perfection;). Super nice Gus!

Gus, those Cocobolo scales are STUNNING! Congrats
z5Jfd5N.jpg

YVQqzUt.jpg

3z81Fky.jpg

Ca7AsRr.jpg

z5Jfd5N.jpg

YVQqzUt.jpg

3z81Fky.jpg

Ca7AsRr.jpg

That is stunning Gusbuster Gusbuster ! What a beautiful block of coco bolo you scored. I am happy for you. :thumbsup:

Phil

OMG! That package is gorgeous:eek:, I know with Bill’s sheath it will last and the work the team did on that is perfection;). Super nice Gus!

That is stunning Gusbuster Gusbuster ! What a beautiful block of coco bolo you scored. I am happy for you. :thumbsup:

Phil

Thanks Martin, Tom, and Phil. I agree, the Cocobolo scales are superb. I love the whole package.:thumbsup::)

SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak

The grind lines and the closer proximity of the Carothers signature in the harder / thinner version to the primarily bevel line was discussed a few pages back. Post numbers 507 and 508 are related to your question.
Fully aware of that, thanks. The pic was taken to ask Nathan about the engraving (the Maker's marks and the Delta 3V) in the ANAQ thread. They are much lighter/shallower on the #badidea.

Small variations in things like the temperature of the spindle when the cutter was touched off, the temperature of the machine when it was run, the wear on the cutter, the exact thickness of that work piece, how that workpiece was put in the fixture, these can all add a few .0001th variation from one piece to the next that can stack up and accumulate to +- .001th or more on some outliers. Nominal engraving depth is only .003 so it doesn't take much variation to make a visible difference. We control it as best we can but there is some unavoidable minute variation in that (and any) process.

Back