Flagrant Beard Templar

Has anyone here had any experience with Flagrant Beard and more specifically their Templar Tomahawk? It looks pretty cool and I’ve been eyeing it up but would love some feedback before making a purchase. Thanks in advance for any and all information.

I don't have experience with it. The 1095 steel is a good choice for knives and such but I don't think it would qualify as excellent for a breaching tool. And at $380 you should be getting excellent. The other thing is that it appears to be ground out of flat stock, not forged. That's a relatively cheap process compared to forging and again you would expect more for that price tag.

I don't have experience with it. The 1095 steel is a good choice for knives and such but I don't think it would qualify as excellent for a breaching tool. And at $380 you should be getting excellent. The other thing is that it appears to be ground out of flat stock, not forged. That's a relatively cheap process compared to forging and again you would expect more for that price tag.

Yeah, Cold Steel would probably sell a hawk that size, shape, and material for $40-60. It seems to be essentially a budget tactical hawk designed to look like, say, a Winkler.

Back