flame anodizing?

I tried searching for how to do flame anodizing through Google, but couldn't find anything. Can anyone provide some tips on how to flame anodize titanium? Thanks in advance.

It is flame coloring,not anodizing.Anodizing uses an electric current and chemicals.

Just spray some WD-40 on the material and paint it with a small tip on a propane torch. When you get the color(s) you want, stop. Easy-breazy...

Thanks very much for all the responses. Mr. Wrong, I'll check out the link. Bladsmth, no wonder I couldn't find anything on flame anodizing. :D Kumdo, I'll try that out. :)

Peter Atwood has a video out called "Anodizing Titanium". It's one of the most informative videos I seen in a long time. He goes through every aspect, showing lots of tips and tricks. In one segment, he shows how to heat color titanium using a propane torch, and arrives at several nice colors. I highly reccommend this video to anyone interested in anodizing or heat coloring titanium. His framelock and liner lock knivs are a work of art. The url is:
http://www.realrates.com/knives/

Back