Flash II SAT not working!

You might want to remove the clip, bend it very slightly outward, and put it back in place. Mine is tight, which I like for not losing it, but if you need speed, loosen the grip.

I got my Flash II today. Man is this sucker sharp!! It rides in my front right pocket very well, not as heavy as my Benchmade Eidelweiss which I carried for over 8 years until I broke the tip. The only thing I'm not keen on is having the clip on the bottom, I guess I'm used to the Benchmade's clip on top. I could pull that knife and have the blade out in the blink of an eye and it actually saved my life onetime in downtown Atlanta. Does anybody have any tips about how to pop that blade out quickly with the clip on the bottom??

Other than the clip placement, which is just a personal preference, this knife appears to be very sturdy and I'm sure it will last as long as my old Benchmade did.

Thanks for any help which may be forethcoming!

With sat dont use your thumb for opening it user your pointer or middle fingure on the opisite side. I dont like useing my thumb with the sat as i want to follow through once i start and well the knife beats me. So it put the blade in a place where i could get a nasty cut.

Thanks for all your help! I can get the blade out quickly it's just that when it's out it's upside down to me. I guess I'll just have to practice with it!

Thanks again!

For deploymeny quickness when the knife is either inside your belt line or in a pocket; I personally reach my right hand down to where my right thumb is just in front of the knife on my belt line/ pocket line. Then with your fingers of that hand push the knife upwards (from outside your pants) while holding the pocket/belt line in place. This will pop the knife into your palm where the blade can be easily deployed by a flick of the thumb. It sounds like a lot of info but for me it works perfectly since all the other ways I have tried required repositioning the knife to facilitate opening.

Chris from SOG has helped me out a bunch and I just received 4 new washers in the mail (posted to Australia!). Ill let you guys know how it goes with the new washers in. Tom

I had the same problem with my knife and found that a good cleaning and a little oil did the trick. Eric

Gday Guys,

I bought my Flash II about a good year or so ago and have been more than happy with it. HOwever it so happens that my SOG was 'de-assisted' (if that is even a word- I doubt it), however I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to make the knife operate as per stock. A the moment it requires a push of the thumb stud and a considerable wrist flick to lock the blade. I have toyed with the pivot screw and used a bit of luibricant on the movements to no effect. Thanks for your help guys and for the record the dealer informed me that that was how all Australian SAT knives were the same.

Any help, experience or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers guys, Tom

Back