Flash Light recommendation please

Eh I need a light with.....

1. 4-5 inches in length, I want something I won't lose
2. 150+ lumens, need something painfully bright.
3. A decently long battery life with conventional AA or AAA batteries.
4. Aluminum or titanium, something that is built to last
5. Not too expensive say $50 limit unless it's just a few bucks more for something way better, a steal if you will.

It's going to be used at work, I hate the lousy broken maglites they have.

The quark series and fenix brand sounds like what you want. There are discount codes floating around for them on like candle power forums.

I'll add a few more brands for you to checkout...

Olight
Nitecore
Jetbeam
ITP
Eagletac
Sunwayled*

Performance from most of these brands is generally similar.....

What you might want to look at is the U.I. (user interface) and the spacing of the specific levels rather than the highest output.

Also Quark and Jetbeam have a 10 year warranty which is something to keep in mind.

* don't own one yet but they SEEM on par with the competition.

Cheers

:)

Last edited:
I've got about 30 lights that fit those qualifications myself, let alone other brands, so we'll try to narrow it down a bit for you.

1. Do you want multiple brightnesses?
2. Do you want strobe?
3. Do you want SOS or any other special flashing modes?
4. Do you want it to be able to handle rechargeable lithium batteries?
5. Does it need to throw the light very far?

I've got about 30 lights that fit those qualifications myself, let alone other brands, so we'll try to narrow it down a bit for you.

1. Do you want multiple brightnesses? A few couldn't hurt, anything more than 3 is unnecessary
2. Do you want strobe? Nope, if it has it fine but no bonus points there
3. Do you want SOS or any other special flashing modes? Nope ^^
4. Do you want it to be able to handle rechargeable lithium batteries? Doesn't matter to me really
5. Does it need to throw the light very far? Nope under 50 feet ALWAYS.

Answered :)

EDIT remember not just brands, MODELS, that meet my specifications.

Here are some:

Fenix LD10
JETBeam Jet I Pro v3
4Sevens Quark AA
4Sevens Quark AA Tactical
iTP SA1
Zebralight SC50
NiteCore D10 SP
NiteCore Defender Infinity

My personal choices out of those would be the JETBeam if you want a switch on the rear, Zebralight if you want it on the side. My EDC is a ZebraLight SC30 (the CR123 version).

I have videos for all of those on my site if you want to see them in action. I know there are a million options out there, so feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Quark AA^2 is the correct answer. Trust Powernoodle on this one. :thumbup:

Most of those lights fail to meet my first requirement I don't need a midget light :p

Last edited:
Most of those lights fail to meet my first requirement I don't need a midget light :p

If you are referring to my list, most of those are about 4", which is what I thought you were looking for. If you want longer than that, there are 2 x AA equivalents of almost all of those except the SC50 and Defender.

If you are referring to my list, most of those are about 4", which is what I thought you were looking for. If you want longer than that, there are 2 x AA equivalents of almost all of those except the SC50 and Defender.

Yeah I just saw that, I'm going with the longer Quark AA2 as powernoodle said and ordering it through your site, everyone wins :)

Yeah I just placed my order yesterday and immediately got an email saying they shipped it hours later. I love places like that, you know they really care about pleasing customers to keep them. Makes you feel good spending money there.

Yeah I just placed my order yesterday and immediately got an email saying they shipped it hours later. I love places like that, you know they really care about pleasing customers to keep them. Makes you feel good spending money there.

since you are in Tenn,. you will get the package tomorrow. MAYBE even today, pending on when usps shipped out.. they have great shipping esp since we are close to Ga.. :thumbup:

Back