Flat and full flat, what is the difference

myplea

BANNED
I know the difference in performance between hollow and flat blades. But what is the difference between flat and full flat.

For example , The Doug Ritter folder has a flat ground but not full flat. The mini manix has a full flat. What performance difference should I expect?

How is the full flat better?

Thanks for listening.

Wrong question...:D Full flat means the whole blade is ground flat from spine down to where the edge begins. In all other respect flat ground may mean full flat to sabre ground flat, where just the half way is ground.

Examples: Manix, Benchmade 520 and AFCK.

Performance is determined by the geometry or shape of the blade.

A full flat ground AFCK blade, 5mm thick at the spine and 0,75mm over the edge will cut as good on the frist 15mm as the original AFCK sabre ground blade but worse if you cut deeper.

Other words:

Same heigth, same spine thickness: A full flat ground blade in general is thinner than the sabre ground one.

Wrong question...:D Full flat means the whole blade is ground flat from spine down to where the edge begins. In all other respect flat ground may mean full flat to sabre ground flat, where just the half way is ground.

Examples: Manix, Benchmade 520 and AFCK.

Performance is determined by the geometry or shape of the blade.

A full flat ground AFCK blade, 5mm thick at the spine and 0,75mm over the edge will cut as good on the frist 15mm as the original AFCK sabre ground blade but worse if you cut deeper.

Other words:

Same heigth, same spine thickness: A full flat ground blade in general is thinner than the sabre ground one.

Thanks for the nice reply Blop. It is a bit confusing :)

personally i consider this full-flat and flat:

fullv-flatandflat.jpg

Back