1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fletcher Knives O-575 Initial Impressions

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by B Griffin, Jul 19, 2013.

1. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    A few pics of the Fletcher Operator 575 I put in an order for at Blade. I needed a knife with a specific size, blade geometry, and features. One that I could count on to be comfortable in periods of sustained use, as well as to be tough for the series of projects I am working on. This is my third Fletcher, I am well acquainted with the quality of his work. I knew I could count on Dylan. As expected the Fit and Finish is awesome, the grinds are fantastic, the ergonomics are sublime, and the balance is excellent. These are just a few quick pics of it, more later after I test out the wicked sharp edge :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LostViking

LostViking Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2009
    That my friend, is an outstanding looking piece of steel.

I have always been a fan of clip points,

Beautiful.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  3. Andster2

Andster2

Feb 18, 2007
    I really like the looks of that one. I love clip points. What kind of steel?

4. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    Nice, looking forward to your full review.

5. LostViking

LostViking Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Yes definitely looking forward to your thoughts on that beast.

I have somehow managed to not see much of Dylan's work until lately. From my limited exposure, his knives seem well suited to my needs too. Good looking, tough, functional, and ready for real world use.

Excited to read your review.

If you ever tire of it, I'd be more than happy to give it a good home.

6. Moelly

Moelly

Nov 12, 2012
    Thank you for your review mistwalker.
    The operator series is my absolute favorite of Dylan :)

Greetings Micha

7. tknife

tknife Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 1999
    Always love clicking on your posts Mist, I know I'm gonna see some awesome pics! I like the color scheme of the scales and liners, that green rocks :thumbup:

8. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    Thanks guys. I'll address the questions and say more when I'm not on my phone on a bumpy road.

9. namida

namida

Nov 27, 2011
    The ergonomics on those look really nice!

10. TheGame

TheGame

Sep 24, 2008
    Looks like a great midsize knife. The liners on it really make it pop, too. Let us know how it works after you use it some more :thumbup:

11. JTC

JTC

Dec 22, 2002
    Love it. The liners really set it off.

12. Fletcher Knives

Fletcher Knives STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO Moderator

Aug 30, 2007
    it is 3/16" O-1 at 61rc at the edge.
    thanks! That's one of my favorite color combos.

13. HardTripper

HardTripper

Dec 13, 2010
    Is that what you would call a mill scale finish on the flats ? Brian, did you ever find me a Martin knife? I deleted facebook...

14. Fletcher Knives

Fletcher Knives STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO Moderator

Aug 30, 2007
    I call it a forge scale finish. it's from the heat treat process.

15. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    If you get to handle one of Dylan's knives then you're in for a treat. Dylan is a natural. This is my third, I put the first one through hell, and I have a small Pro-65 that stays in my camera bag. I have wanted a clip point for a while so no plans on parting with it :)

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/747841-Delta-Foxtrot-by-Dylan-Fletcher

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/748110-Delta-Foxtrot-Part-II

Thanks T. Yeah, I fell in love with that color scheme on a smaller knife at Blade.

Dylan's ergos are always fantastic!

I'll let you know Dale ;)

16. Woods Walker

Woods Walker

Jun 3, 2010
    Not only does the knife look great your fingernails are dirty, much like mine often are. This means the knife probably gets used. :)

17. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    Hahahaha yeah, I suck as a hand model lol. But yes, the knife is being used. The whole point of getting it was that I already knew I could count on Dylan to provide me with a knife that was not only very well made, very nicely finished, tough as hell, but would also be very comfortable in long term use (and it is), and I am using the h_ll out of it :)

18. Tilley Knife

Tilley Knife I'm Daniel, I make stuff

Jul 6, 2011
    Nice review Mist. Dylan puts out some great steel.

19. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    Thanks, not the review yet...just some initial impressions. Yes he really does. This little Pro-65 has ridden along in my camera case every day for the last couple of years and has done a lot. Very capable little knife!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  20. WILLIAM.M

WILLIAM.M

Apr 14, 2006
    I have tested several Fletcher Knives

All were made with OUTSTANDING attention to detail,fit and finish.

All cut/chopped VERY WELL too