Fletcher Knives O-575 Initial Impressions

Mistwalker

Gold Member
A few pics of the Fletcher Operator 575 I put in an order for at Blade. I needed a knife with a specific size, blade geometry, and features. One that I could count on to be comfortable in periods of sustained use, as well as to be tough for the series of projects I am working on. This is my third Fletcher, I am well acquainted with the quality of his work. I knew I could count on Dylan. As expected the Fit and Finish is awesome, the grinds are fantastic, the ergonomics are sublime, and the balance is excellent. These are just a few quick pics of it, more later after I test out the wicked sharp edge :)

That my friend, is an outstanding looking piece of steel.

I have always been a fan of clip points,

Beautiful.

Last edited:
Yes definitely looking forward to your thoughts on that beast.

I have somehow managed to not see much of Dylan's work until lately. From my limited exposure, his knives seem well suited to my needs too. Good looking, tough, functional, and ready for real world use.

Excited to read your review.

If you ever tire of it, I'd be more than happy to give it a good home.

Thank you for your review mistwalker.
The operator series is my absolute favorite of Dylan :)

Greetings Micha

Always love clicking on your posts Mist, I know I'm gonna see some awesome pics! I like the color scheme of the scales and liners, that green rocks :thumbup:

Thanks guys. I'll address the questions and say more when I'm not on my phone on a bumpy road.

Looks like a great midsize knife. The liners on it really make it pop, too. Let us know how it works after you use it some more :thumbup:

Is that what you would call a mill scale finish on the flats ? Brian, did you ever find me a Martin knife? I deleted facebook...

Yes definitely looking forward to your thoughts on that beast.

I have somehow managed to not see much of Dylan's work until lately. From my limited exposure, his knives seem well suited to my needs too. Good looking, tough, functional, and ready for real world use.

Excited to read your review.

If you ever tire of it, I'd be more than happy to give it a good home.

If you get to handle one of Dylan's knives then you're in for a treat. Dylan is a natural. This is my third, I put the first one through hell, and I have a small Pro-65 that stays in my camera bag. I have wanted a clip point for a while so no plans on parting with it :)

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/747841-Delta-Foxtrot-by-Dylan-Fletcher

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/748110-Delta-Foxtrot-Part-II

Always love clicking on your posts Mist, I know I'm gonna see some awesome pics! I like the color scheme of the scales and liners, that green rocks :thumbup:

Thanks T. Yeah, I fell in love with that color scheme on a smaller knife at Blade.

The ergonomics on those look really nice!

Dylan's ergos are always fantastic!

Looks like a great midsize knife. The liners on it really make it pop, too. Let us know how it works after you use it some more :thumbup:

I'll let you know Dale ;)

Not only does the knife look great your fingernails are dirty, much like mine often are. This means the knife probably gets used. :)

Not only does the knife look great your fingernails are dirty, much like mine often are. This means the knife probably gets used. :)

Hahahaha yeah, I suck as a hand model lol. But yes, the knife is being used. The whole point of getting it was that I already knew I could count on Dylan to provide me with a knife that was not only very well made, very nicely finished, tough as hell, but would also be very comfortable in long term use (and it is), and I am using the h_ll out of it :)

Nice review Mist. Dylan puts out some great steel.

Thanks, not the review yet...just some initial impressions. Yes he really does. This little Pro-65 has ridden along in my camera case every day for the last couple of years and has done a lot. Very capable little knife!

Last edited:
I have tested several Fletcher Knives

All were made with OUTSTANDING attention to detail,fit and finish.

All cut/chopped VERY WELL too

Back