Flick or Slow roll? What are your preferred way to open your CRK?

How do you disengage your CRK

• Flick

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Slow roll

Votes: 81 69.8%
  • Depends on the CRK (requires explanation)

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Both

Votes: 20 17.2%

• Total voters
I wish I could open my Mnandi one handed but I have tried without any success. I am limited to a two handed opening regardless of what I would prefer. A benefit is that I don’t need to worry too much about scaring Sheeple.

I wish I could open my Mnandi one handed but I have tried without any success. I am limited to a two handed opening regardless of what I would prefer. A benefit is that I don’t need to worry too much about scaring Sheeple.

Lack of easy onehand opening is why I don't like Mnandis.

I struggle to flick open a 21. It has to be slow for me.

I am use to a Spyderco hole and I try to open a 21 the same way and just cannot do it.

My umnumzaan has a pretty stiff detent and it tends to fly open especially if im trying to open it in a hurry. The action on it is so smooth that it kind of naturally flys open

I slow roll mone for sure. I have plenty of great knives that spring to life with great violence and authority. One of my favorite EDCs is a DA OTF.

However, there is something about the slow, smooth roll of my Inkosi with the *tink* of the lock engaging.

My umnumzaan has a pretty stiff detent and it tends to fly open especially if im trying to open it in a hurry. The action on it is so smooth that it kind of naturally flys open

Mine flies open fast too which makes the thumbstuds hitting the scales pretty hard. Something about it, makes me worry i might cracked the blade area around the thumbstud in the future. :eek:

Yes mines the same. Since I got mine in 2014, it has gone through 3 pairs of the o-rings.

Slow roll..........enjoy the ride
The journey is as satisfying as the destination :cool:

Mine flies open fast too which makes the thumbstuds hitting the scales pretty hard. Something about it, makes me worry i might cracked the blade area around the thumbstud in the future. :eek:

One of the joys of the Umnumzaan is adjusting the pivot so the stop pins land to your liking; your personal Goldilocks, so to speak. :)

I also prefer hardware store O-rings to the CRK variety. I think the compound is a bit softer, a bit more muted ‘thug’ when the stop pins hit.

One of the joys of the Umnumzaan is adjusting the pivot so the stop pins land to your liking; your personal Goldilocks, so to speak. :)

I also prefer hardware store O-rings to the CRK variety. I think the compound is a bit softer, a bit more muted ‘thug’ when the stop pins hit.

Did even need adjustments, Crk already hits the goldilocks zone to my liking, which flies so hard that it makes me cringing or joyful depends on how i feel.

Still breaking in my Inkosi, so it doesn't flick without a little wrist, but the slow roll is satisfying. The smoothness of the action and the click at the end is different than any other brand knife I have.

Back