Float like a rainbow butterfly - sting like a Spyderfly

Thought I'd post some pictures of my favorite and only butterfly knife. It has a beautiful anodized titanium-looking matte finish that I really like. Don't know how it will wear, but is sure is pretty. Comments?

Neat! I would for darn sure hurt myself with that. :) Hey, we could get the Kamis to make some. Wonder how a 3/8" thick, 15" Bali would flip? :D

Steve

I've looked and looked and looked at the Spyderfly, but i just can't seem to decide if i like it or not. For the price you can't beat it. Spyderco fit and finish with a Spyderco price:D, but it just too...mod for me, i guess. I've been wanting a good bali for awhile now, but done with the cheapy chinese POS'. However, dropping 140 bucks or more on a toy that will undoubtably send me to the local MEC for stitches just isn't in the cards right now. I dunno, maybe if i come across 50 or 60 bucks somewhere I'll give the spyderfly a shot. Spyderco hasn't let me down yet.

Great pics, Bill:D
Thanks!
jake

I like mine quite a bit, heavy, so it's a slower flipper than a Benchmade or ti/aluminum handled bali, but it moves well and I like the balance (some don't). Mine came butter knife dull, but if you're a new flipper that's probably not a bad thing. My son said it looked like gasoline on water, not as bright as the rainbow coating on the Kershaw Leeks, but that's because it was applied to a beadblast finish.

If you want to get into a decent bali with a more traditional look at a similar price point, you might try a Typhoon from knifekits.com the only rub is you have to put it together yourself. You can go plain jane, or get creatice and fit scales, drill or file work the handles, etc. Blank canvas if you're handy.

I do like mine. Has a natural feel to it. Also like the colors even though it makes it somehow surreal. Like something fading into or out of another dimension. Does not quiite look like steel, though it feels really solid.

Wait until you get a Old Pacic Cutlery or a custom! You will then ,sell or put the Fly away,you wouldn't even want it!
THE DUCK! :cool:

The old Pacific Cutlery balis are great and they fly well but God help you if you pinch yourself with the handle. They are heavy.

ferguson said:
Hey, we could get the Kamis to make some. Wonder how a 3/8" thick, 15" Bali would flip? :D

Steve

It might be a bear to flip, but I bet the handles on a HI bali would be beautiful. :D

kamkaz,
True,BUT,you learn, to draw ,especially when you play with"Baby"!!
Baby is my 5"Jody Sampson Kris.She's been with me for awhile & never let me down! :D :D

Pretty little thang 'tis fer shure.:eek: :cool: :D Does it come with a Weehawk blade or are you locked into the dagger? :(

jim_l_clifton said:
kamkaz,
True,BUT,you learn, to draw ,especially when you play with"Baby"!!
Baby is my 5"Jody Sampson Kris.She's been with me for awhile & never let me down! :D :D
Mine is a one owner 4" Jody Sampson bowie with a reversed latch. Got it to use and abused it before anyone told me about collectables.

Damn! Didn't even know they CAME with the anodized finish! That is pretty. I got mine 6 months ago, and still have the scars to prove it! (-: Mine is just the plain silver. Wish I had known about this finish.

Norm

Back