flying tiger question

Saw a post about the FT at bladeart.com.

Does anyone know how many were made?

How does it handle?? Has anyone even dared to use it??

chiseen

Don't have definate answers, but Marc(Contender) would be the one to speak to about it :D

Didn't get a chance to see the one at NYC, which is the knife that BladeArt is selling now. After falling in love with it, I finally ordered one last week. I did get to handle the Crazy Heart, and from my understanding it's almost the same knife design (right/wrong?) The Crazy Heart is an extremely fast knife in the hand. For it's full sized design I was amazed at how well it felt and moved. Balance is perfect, doesn't leave you feeling blade-heavy at all.

From now on there will be two models, the Flying Tiger with serrations (the "teeth" in the front) and the Flying Tiger with no serrations. The "Crazy Heart" is a designation that will be dropped.

Both knives were made by Jerry by hand. The serrations are particularly difficult to make (hence a little greater cost - $850 vs $750 for the non-serrated version) and Jerry is the only one who can do those in the shop right now. Therefore, you won't see alot of them.

Placing the serrations as Jerry has (both position on the blade as well as the angle of the serrations) is actually better for both chopping and penetration. They don't get stuck in their intended targets as would normal serrations.

As for balance, Dark Nemesis is right on the money. The "Tigers" are extremely well balanced and great fighters.

Marc (marc@bussecombat.com)

Back