Folks I am out for a while.

Yep. that rights. I will no longer be taking any orders or producing anything for.... well I am not sure how long. Its been a crazy summer already and now... I am moving back up to Ohio where I grew up with a job change. Which will be hectic. Then on top of that we found out three days ago my wife is pregnant!! WOOHOO. This will be our second child. This came out of the blue because my wife has had some cervical cancer issues and that has since been taken care of ( well not totally) but we were unsure whether having another child was even possible... low and behold... it is! So we are stoked. Its going to be a crazy year. I enjoy making knives so I will be back. I am just not sure when I am going to have a shop set up again and the time to boot. I will still be around here aggravating the hell outta Chris and Bill.
I have met some great folks around here I must say. I appreciate the support and the business and hope everyone enjoys what I have made so far. There will be more to come. Until then
Matt

Congrats to the both of you on the baby and I hope the wife's health continues to improve. Best of luck with the move and looking forward to more great blades Matt. I'm sure glad I scored the ones I did!

trade

Thanks Trade! I think I will always remember you slicing potatoes with your new scandi one late night on Becker mountain for no particular reason...Although you may not remember it now!

Congrats Matt! Wishing you good fortune with the move and the baby that's on the way. I'm glad I was able to pick up a couple of your knives so far and hope to see some more in the future when life settles down for you.

Hope the job change is a good one.
congrats to you and the wife!
best of luck on the move.

we'll leave the lights on for ya! :D

FANTASTIC....GLAD TO HEAR GOOD NEWS!!!!! We'll miss seeing your blade creations, but it will give us something to look forward to when things settle down a bit and you're back at it!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to You and Your entire Family!!!

All the Best,

Stump

Hey Tackett, congrats on the baby. Sorry you have to move for your job. Ohio's not a bad place to live but it's not East Tennessee. :D Be sure and keep us updated on everything.

Good luck & congrats for the move,the new job & especially the baby Matt.Hectic times are ahead for sure!
Here's hoping everything goes as smooth as one of your blades through a piece of wood and continued good health for your wife.

I hope to get another of your creations in the not to distant future.(like the Scout you have up for sale,man that thing speaks to me,beautiful lines on it.)

Congrats with the new baby and we wish you well. Keep God first and he will guide your way.

Matt, congrats on the new job, welcome to the "Great Buckeye State" (contrary to what Wilson thinks . . . ;) ), & continued best wishes and prayers for your wife . . . :thumbup:
P/M sent.
Be safe.

Congrats, and good luck!

I was gonna announce it all but you blew it NUMBNUTS!! Lmao :( . HE Is coming back to my part of the country!!

Appreciate the words guys.
Damnit Bill I just couldn't wait anymore you would not stop crying tears of joy!

Congrats Matt. Embrace the craziness. Best of luck.

Hey Matt! Congrads on the kid! that's great. Good to hear the wife is well and getting better. I hope everything goes well with the job and the move. What part of Ohio are you moving to?

Congrats Matt, hope everything smooths out for you. I really like your work and hope to get one of your blades one day. It would be a lose if you didn't make knifes any longer. Keep us informed and God bless.
Bob

I am having sheaths made for both my Tacketts right now, love the knives, and look forward to more in the future. best wishes in your new endeavors, and congratulations on the soon to be new addition to the family!!!

Back