for 230grains

i was catching up on the reading and got to the post about your chipped blade...any chance when you get it back from the spa that you could post your "re-re-profile" pic and a new pic of how the "re-re-re profile" looks... if it doesnt violate any of the secret rules that I may have not figured out yet of course! :D...Jerrys comment was interesting about how "it looked thin"...Id like to see how they fix it for curiosity sake...

all this grinding and sanding 'N blade "gemometry-ing" is kinda of new to me so I really appreciate the conversation and ideas but a pic here would be worth 10 million words for me! (not that Id ever get to the point of a reprofile with a belt sander in the first place but I do appreciate the craftsmanship and seeing how it turns out...)

thanks in advance if you will, ignore if you want as well.

I didn't send it back in to the shop, I sharpened out the dents and reprofiled the edge to something beefier that will hold up to abuse better. I had thinned the edge to roughly 10 degrees per side, which seems to be near the limit of where INFI can take abuse. The edge I put on the knife after was a lot stronger, and the cutting performance was still there.

There isn't really much difference in the knife from before grinding than to after, besides losing a little bit of blade height, but it doesn't make all that much difference in a blade that wide. I'd take a picture but I already packed up the knife for a trade.

Back