For My Sister Christmas

I made two little table knives for my sister christmas. The design is from oufti. (Even if I increased a little the size of two mm all around the basis design.)
Madagascar bambou plate
Weight 96g
Size 18,9 cm for the first one and 19cm for the second.
Thickness 1,1cm
XC75 with selective hardening. (i'm very proud of the hamon)
The first one have a useful blade from 8 cm and the second 8,3cm. I let drop the first one on the ground and broked the point. I correct the problem but the size is 3 mm down.

The two hamon, (i'm too happy of the result, that is really the first time i obtain exactly what i wanted)

the two baby, the plate design are not exactly the same. On one i try to follow the line of the bevel, on the other, i made a classical plate.
I don't succeed to choose my favorite one.

In real life, every thing is very clean and well adjusted. But with the picture, it's seem to be very dirty, i think i will give a little shot of dremel cleaning wheel in oder to be sure every thing is really clean.

The hamon, sorry but i'm toooooooo proud of those that's why i made a second picture :).

In order to have a size idea.
I'm very happy and satisfacted about those two baby. I have one or two point to mod a little before christmas but, i love already them.
I have to put away very few steel in order to be perfectly in phase with the plate, and to clean a little (because of the photo :)).

What are you thinking about those table set? Do you think my sister will like her christmas gift?

I would be proud to get those for Christmas , nice work :) You are right , that hamon is awesome.
What kind of wood is used on the scales ?

Thank you very much.

Oups i forget the wood, it's bamboo from madagascar (it's not the type of bamboo only the country it's come). I love to work that's grass (bamboo is not wood but it's a sort of grass;))., very strong, resistant to water or other thing and the result is always nice, warm and soft under the hand.

Back