For Sale: Anjuli. A damascus integral khyber. SOLD.

Here's a knife that I've spent the last week or two creating. It's a khyber-inspired type, modeled after the long fighting knives of that part of the world, but given a more feminine aspect and grace with the added curves of a falcata or kopis. (A lot of historical khybers look like s t r e t c h e d-out chef's knives!)

I named this knife “Anjuli” after the heroine from “the Far Pavilions.” She's graceful yet resilient, dark and exotic- and at the end (spoiler alert) she rides off with her husband into the Hindu Kush mountains, looking for a refuge of their own. (The Khyber pass cuts through this range.) I like to imagine this knife riding with her...

The damascus is laddered w's pattern in CruForgeV and 15n20, with a glossy finish. The entire piece is hardened, with double tempered edge and spring tempered spine and bolster. The clip grind is just a hair off of sharp. The sculpted handle is african blackwood, relief carved with a simple tribal pattern I composed to fit the space.

You may wonder about the construction- I call this “added tang” and I don't know if anyone else does it- I suppose they must... The bolster is drilled and tapped inside nearly to the front of the blade transition area, with 5/16” threads, and the tang is made of a modified grade 8 bolt screwed into that. I didn't want to add a pin to the look of the handle, so the tang is heavily notched on all sides, as is the inside of the grip, which was then filled with epoxy for a locking bond.

For an idea of what it's like in the hand and to play with, check the video...

Build specs:
Overall length: 18-34”
Blade length: 13-1/2”
Max blade width: 1-9/16”
Spine thickness at ricasso: .175”
Edge thickness: .020”
Total weight: 10-1/2” oz.

This knife is now sold.

Enough yakking, here's pics and a vid! Enjoy.

[video=youtube;oH_C5V8bkdE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oH_C5V8bkdE[/video]
DSC08178.JPG

DSC08179.JPG

DSC08181.JPG

DSC08182.JPG

DSC08183.JPG

DSC08184.JPG

DSC08185.JPG

DSC08186.JPG

DSC08187.JPG

DSC08188.JPG

DSC08189.JPG

DSC08190.JPG