For Sale: "FlipSide,"an opposed-tang integral hamon fighter. SPF.

This here is FlipSide, so called because the tang is 90 degrees from normal for an integral tapered tang knife. As you can see, I decided to make a curved handle and thus curve the tang too. First one of these I’ve tried!

The steel is W2 with a goodly hamon, mostly gunome but the clay blew off a little early toward the tip… the bolster, tang and African blackwood of the handle are all at 1000 grit and the blackwood has a deep teak oil finish. The blade is full flat ground with just a little re-curve. Vertical stainless pins are installed through the handle.

Specs:
11-1/8” overall length.
6-1/8” blade length, tip to heel.
1-1/4” blade width at heel.
.190” blade thickness, spine at bolster.
6-3/4 oz. total weight.
Handle max thickness of 5/8” at butt.
Balances at middle of bolster front transition.

This knife comes with a RH black sheath, in tri- weave tooling.
I am asking $450 for this knife, shipped insured to the U.S. NOW SOLD PENDING FUNDS. International shipment will incur extra shipping costs.

Here’s some terrible pics, and a vid! Boy, my voice sure doesn’t sound like that in my head…

DSC03387.JPG

DSC03392.JPG

DSC03388.JPG

DSC03393.JPG

DSC03394.JPG

DSC03403.JPG

DSC03395.JPG

DSC03396.JPG

DSC03397.JPG

DSC03398.JPG

DSC03399.JPG

DSC03400.JPG

DSC03401.JPG

DSC03404.JPG

DSC03405.JPG

DSC03406.JPG

[video=youtube;ByujrTEKt1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByujrTEKt1w&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

I make knives to the best of my ability and knowledge. I research to find the best materials and methods to use, in order to provide the very best product, in terms of value, durability, performance, and aesthetics. Should you find a knife you have bought from me to be lacking in any of these respects, you may ship it back to me at my expense for a full money-back return.

Should a knife purchased from me fail in materials or workmanship, please ship it back to me at my own expense for your money back in full, or repairs at no cost. It’s your choice.
I will sharpen any of my knives at no cost; however I do ask that you pay for shipping costs for this service.

I am always pleased to hear from any of my customers, past, repeat, potential, or otherwise. Please go to my web site, see "Contact Me" and give me a call. If you have any questions regarding these policies, I'd like to hear them.
Salem Straub

Last edited:
Back