For those who love fixed blades,what do you like?

What types of fixed blades are predominant in your collection?

• Hunting knives

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Small utility/bushcraft knives

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • Survival knives (Rambo Style)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Bowie/Fighters

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • Camp Knives (the big chopper variety)

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • other types

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Daggers

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Cascadia

Gold Member
I love all kinds of fixed blades. Big, small, thin, and thick. I have always been into Bowie knives but find myself acquiring smaller pocket size fixed blades recently.
31xQNBX

bdmicarta

Gold Member
I was collecting custom hunting knives because I could identify with them the best, even though I don't have much opportunity to hunt these days. I have a few fighting knives but I don't relate to them very well because I would not know the first thing about knife fighting. I'm not interested in bushcraft. I have some interest in smaller fixed blade utility knives and for the way I tend to use them I think a small fighting knife style would work out well. These days I would shift my collecting to custom Bowies but I need a lot bigger budget for that.

sgt1372

Platinum Member
There is no "predominant" type of knive in my small fixed blade collection.

It's pretty much "all of the above" because I like variety in the things that I collect.

Last edited:
Just a simple question. I have been collecting for a long time. I have gone through the bowie knife craze, the hollow handle love of the 1980s, and the tactical camp knives that followed. Perhaps, asking what you mostly have in your collection, is just my sneaky way of coming up with a predominant mental age for our members? :)

Let us know where you fit in, and lets have fun with this.

n2s

First fixed blade I got was the kabar heavy bowie. I thought I'd carry it with me hiking, camping, outdoors......then reality hit. I didn't like having a brick attached to me, and as I got older gear weight was much more noticeable. Never got rid of it, but it's regulated to the house now.

Neck knife through to 3-4 inch blades i found would be fine for my uses.

iCRrw0A.jpg

I chose "Other" - I collect military knives, swords, and bayonets, as well as Bowie, hunting, woodcraft, and camp knives.

My favourite fixed knives are those that when you drop them, get them scuffed and dirty, or blunted . . . you don't freak out and have a fit.

You pick them back up, dust them off, and carry on using them.

Usually something thats been cobbled together roughly my myself.

HeuBfIe.jpg

Last edited:

not2sharp

Gold Member
My favourite fixed knives are those that when you drop them, get them scufed and dirty, or blunted . . . you don't freak out and have fit.

You pick them back up, dust them off, and carry on using them.

Usually something thats been cobbled together roughly my myself.

HeuBfIe.jpg

When I wasn’t fooling around with knives, I often used to hike with a Cetme bayonet. It was comfortable to carry, had plenty of edge and was sturdy enough to let me hammer in my stakes with the pommel or pull them with the barrel ring.

Sometimes simple works:
S91549300-2.jpg

n2s

Last edited:

sabre cat

Basic Member
I would have to say a drop point is probably my all around favorite.

However, I love the M3 Trench Knife even though it’s not very practical as an EDC. I also kinda have a weakness for bayonets based on the M3.

A few other FB I like are CPK’s Field Knife and EDC series. A LionSteel M4 is also on the list.

Unfortunately, I don’t have much need for a fixed blade. So, I doubt that I will ever get any more.

Looking back on it, I've always had a practical use for a medium-ish fixed blade.
I really like bowie type knives, and they have come in handy enough to keep in my kit.
Current big knife is a Lonesome Pine (Larry Harley) Battle Bowie. Designed for wild boar stickin'.

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC