forearm mounted stilletto knife, possible to make??

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes,

other than the fact that this armblade fellow sounds like an utterly moronic mall ninja, he may just posses the skills and talent to create a work of art. :)

:jerkit: wouldnt hold my breath though

for the man or woman who goes by the name of thesurvivalist. thank you for considering my thought. im glad you dont bother with idiots, even if you might think i am one. i have news for you.

this blade will be fairly light, and pretty secure on your arm, and it wont be all bullky and $$%. im making it so that it would be unnoticable if you were wearing a sweatshirt, etc, unless someone touched it. and yes the peice over the nuckle would show, but you could cover that with you sweatshirt, etc as well. my blade would also be obove the arm, not on the wrist. if it was on the wrist, it would surley cut your fingertips off, and i know whats its like to loose your fingers, its not amusing.it took me about 20 different possibilities to finally find my best way to make this. and i to, HATE peice of $#%# blades. i cant stand them. its like buying an expensive TOY sword. thats why im still working on making this blade as funcional as possible. and it will be. i know quit a bit about metals. i plan on being a metalergist when i grow up. as i said before, the blade will be made out of carbondized, heat treated, anneiled, 4140 cromolie steel. that is VERY strong steel. and yes, i did get carried away on the "ready for any fight" thing, because that deffinilty could not be used as a main weapon agianst other weapons. i look at it as a side weapon, sword in main hand, armblade in secondary hand. also, by no means is my armblade a mall ninga item, and though it does not have a main use other than a weapon, it come in use for me. i used to live in NY and im what some of you call a skater hoodlum. poser gangsters, real gangsters, it didnt matter because both were always out to get me. im not trying to sound like a weekling, because i do attend karate 2 times a week, but it wont help when you have six people beating you at once, and all you know is mostly low level fighting skills. i practice with blades of my own, and i know that two blades coming out of your arm from finger triggers(which can be locked along with the blade lock) is alot more helpful than a switch blade, especially when the person is holding the knife to you.and by the way, the blade connat shoot into your hand because it comes out at the tip of your nuckle. and it does not acually shoot out like a bullit, its stays with you (that was for the people who wondered itf it really shot out of you arm like a gun)

i know you think this is bullW$%$#@, but im not the kid that says "nono, you should make it come out by using an embeded pump to push the blade out" THAS MY FRIEND. and though im sorrounded by people who dont know what there talking about, i do. because ive put time, thought, and over a billion sanarios of how this thing would be disfunctional, smashed the knowlege together, and so far, have come up with what i have now. this weapon wont be cheesy, ALTHOUGH i cant garrentee that at the moment because i have not finished making it. but i will make everything secure and tight fitting.

i like practical, so i can understand what you think of who i am. yes, you think im a mall ninga, but i can hope to change your mind.

p.s. if i were in your shoes i would have done the same thing, maybe even harsher than what you did, so i thank you for not completely telling me im a retard kid who if full of @$%@#, and wont even make the item, because i have and will have people tell me that, and it sometimes hurts my potential to biuld this, because i know that so many people want it built, along withpeople like you, help me get back on my feet. so thank you.

another p.s. all blades and weapons become worn and broken, so ive created the weapon WITH FULLY REPAIRABLE ABILITY. broken part? i can just take the weapon apart, with no fear of the blade flinging out at me, and i can just replace whatever was disfunctional.

ill look foward to discussing this further with you and the other members of the forum.

Edited for profanity. -Gus

ArmBladeCreator said:
i look at it as a side weapon, sword in main hand, armblade in secondary hand.

I don't see many sword fights this day and age.

If you think you can build this thing without hurting yourself, go for it. But be very careful what you do with it.

Have you thought of a way to retract it once it's fired? If it's gonna come out the front, of course the blade will be double edged. Will it be a DA arm blade? Or will you have to raise your arm straight up so it'll fall back into place? How will you safely lock the blade in the open position? All this stuff gets rather bulky.

Of course, I have problems with the self defense oriented crowd. I've been in plenty of fights in my life and have come through all of them without having to pull out a 27 inch katana. If you can't win a fight with your fists or feet, you should just give the attacker what they want. Having this thing strapped to your arm probably won't serve any purpose other than making you look kinda goofy.

And to everyone who's mentioned the mall ninja... I think that's been left out of this discussion because it's so obvious. All I see when I think about this is a kid in a trenchcoat and sunglasses wandering around.

Ya know what, the Matrix sucked! I blame that movie for all these trenchcoat wearing mall ninjas. I used to wear a trenchcoat in high school... for warmth... mine didn't have an assortment of knives and other useless crap sewn into it.

So, little man, if you can do it, by all means go right ahead. But don't be upset when you impale your hand.

hahaha. you read my mind about a week or two ago. that really is funny because thats what i ws thinking two. trench coats neo thing. i like trech coats, but i wouldnt wear one. if you ask me, wearing trench coats in school screams "i want to live in a fantasy world". yes it will be doubled edged and i have figured out all ways for release, re-cock, everything, thats why i decided to post this conversation on this site. i knew people would be sceptical, and thats what i was looking for. do you think idd really want to see everyone say. "well ill be gosh darn outta ma mind, he goun maka aurmblade" of course thats not what everyones thinking. but i do appreciate that no one is trying to stomp me right off the site. because im tryig to get the point through that i am not a mall ninga, im trying to show that making blade weapons is my passion, and hopefully my future job im metalergy. like i said before, most of my friens are like a ninga mall. "that LOOKS cool, buts made of @@@@, so ill buy it for 5 times the price it sould be".

and the fight thing, im a respectable fighter, i fight when i need to, even if i know ill loose. and i have never used weapons in a fight, and never got my friends together to "jump" someone. that is a true woose. although, i have had kids that i could easily beat the $$$$ out, of pull out weapons, and get there friends to hold me when they realize hes loosing. its more that im being cheated. BUT i would never use this thing at all on people, unless im in a situation i should, and just randomly so happen to have it on, when will that happen? you never know.

other than that, whats so great about this is that i would be the first. like the creator of the light bulb kind of thing. you know what i mean? thats what makes this so special, and so unique. thats what mostly driving me. if some one else made it, i would not have come up with my own in the first place. and it probobly would have be fro a cheesy ass company like factoryX or some $E#$%. which means the item would vertually and also functionally usless.

im sure you can see the potential of my motives. once again, i thank all of you for not beating me to the ground on this subject.

lastly, i want to remind all of you that i do not want to show further details of how i made my weapon, only because i dont not want to advertise it to anyone who might want to copy and sell it for there own good.

and i promise ill be careful with this weapon, since the force is so great, that it could peirce your stomach if you were to release the blade in front of it.

Edited for profanity. - Gus

Ok, before anyone replies.....stop......count to ten.....now remember what you were like at 14.

Good luck with your ArmBlade young man. Please be careful and have fun.

Well all I can say is that I have absolutely no use for anything like this. That being said, if you can get a functional model out for under $250, then I'll buy one.
Also, good luck on your future employment at Cold Steel. I'm sure Lynn could use a real go-getter like yourself.

I haven't been to stop shaking my head and laughing while reading through this thread. I've been trying to think of where it would be legal to carry this knife. It is a weapon with no other practical use, and it is concealed. I have my doubts that anyone would be granted a CCW for this device.

This is without a doubt one of the most ludicrous threads I have ever read on BladeForums, and there have been some doozies.

for all the peolple that wanted to see the pictures of my armblade, please rememmber that it wont be finished for another month, so be patient and ill be glad to post some pics up.

thank you.

If your are unable to post with out profanity. You will not be posting anything in a month.

BTW. I am not a dude ;).

Keith Montgomery said:
This is without a doubt one of the most ludicrous threads I have ever read on BladeForums, and there have been some doozies.

One thing to remember here, young people with this kind of enthusiasm for steel, are tomorrows knifemakers.

I think we all have a bit of mall ninja in us anyway.

Did you ever see a "KGB Ballistic Knife"? I have one, without the spring (of course), but it might be a concept that might help you develop your thought process. If you have never seen one of these in action, you're missing something really scary! Don't ask me where I saw that.

Let me know if you want me to post a photo.

Mikey

I remember designing an arm blade when I was younger. I don't know if I'll ever make one of those, but I am currently working on a functional bali-sword with thick pivot pins designed to take the stress of hard impacts. Probably will be mostly useless when its done, (and a hazard to the user) but it sure will be neat to have. Its fun to make blades and weapons-- even if they are "fantasy" pieces used to go out and wack at trees. I know that most of us laugh at the fantasy pieces churnned out by United Cutlery, but what about things like those huge bali-swords made in the Philippines that are useless except for wall-hangers, but showcase the maker's skill? I think it would be interesting to see a functional arm blade and play with it a bit. Probably wouldn't do to go walking around the neighborhood with one, though-- just like people generally don't pack around swords and battle axes anymore.

Nixelplix said:
... but what about things like those huge bali-swords made in the Philippines that are useless except for wall-hangers, but showcase the maker's skill?
Not exactly a bali-sword, but I have a Laci Szabo butterfly knife with a 5.5" scimitar blade, over 12" overall length. Play with something like this at your own risk! :D

wetdog1911 said:
No, it's not safe. LOL I think his was spring loaded, but you better have your hand out of the way. With a gravity, how would you walk with your arms down or swinging?

You might be able to do it, but movie magic rarely translates to real world. Good luck, it sounds cool at least.

Rob

You could do something like the friction lock on an ASP.

No problem. Just keep plugging away at your project;) .
We try to keep our discussion boards family friendly.

thank you bastid. and as for mikey, yes, i would love to see the weapon your describing. and nixelplex. your right, its deffinilty fun making weapons, when your done with one, it gives you a great feeling of satisfaction. and there ARE uses for swords in these days, i like knives, but swords are my passion. as i was saying, a funcional blade is great in my case because of my hobbie. sword fighting. and evensually, when im good enough, im going to begin real sword sparring. where you bring your own sword, or are givin one, and you really do fight. of course im quite a few years from that great of skill, and i would probobly buy a very well made katana around 1500$, thats sounds expensive but its worth the money. i dont have that kind of money yet. KEITH MONTGOMERY, cool damascus blades. i want to make a sword out of damascus some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back