Forged Enocksson blade with Ironwood handle.

I have been working on this knife for the last couple of weeks.
It is made from an Enocksson Carbon steel blade, Ironwwod, buffalo horn and mammoth ivory.
The details in the sheath are made from pewter and the same Ironwood as the handle.

Well it is finally finished, I will send it overseas in a few days.

Now I just hope the customer likes it.

DSCF0920.jpg

DSCF0970.jpg

DSCF0936.jpg

DSCF0994.jpg

DSCF0968.jpg

DSCF0964.jpg

DSCF0935.jpg

DSCF0962.jpg

DSCF0923.jpg

DSCF0916.jpg

Please feel free to comment in any way, allways appreciated.

Regards
/Magnus

First off, that is an amazing knife. I think it's absolutely gorgeous! :thumbup: :D

On a side note, I know that in Sweden it's pretty typical for a smith to make the blade and another person to do the handle work. I know that a lot of people here in the states (whether they really know why or not) have a greater interest and even respect for somebody that does the entire piece on their own. With that in mind, have you considered doing the blades as well?

There's no doubt that if you can do handle and sheath work like that you could make that blade. Hell, I would be interested in making a piece of damascus just to see what you would come up with.

This is just an idea. I LOVE the work you have been posting and sure hope you continue to post more! :cool: :D

NickWheeler said:
First off, that is an amazing knife. I think it's absolutely gorgeous! :thumbup: :D

On a side note, I know that in Sweden it's pretty typical for a smith to make the blade and another person to do the handle work. I know that a lot of people here in the states (whether they really know why or not) have a greater interest and even respect for somebody that does the entire piece on their own. With that in mind, have you considered doing the blades as well?

There's no doubt that if you can do handle and sheath work like that you could make that blade. Hell, I would be interested in making a piece of damascus just to see what you would come up with.

This is just an idea. I LOVE the work you have been posting and sure hope you continue to post more! :cool: :D

Funny you should mention this. I have very recently bought a very nice grinder, so I will start some stock removal asap. And one of the things I have had in mind is to have someone forge damascus billet for me to buy . I have had a few trys at blade making allready, two on the way and one ready.

This is the one I allready finished(no powertools except for a drillpress for the pin holes :rolleyes: ):

DSCF0461-2-1.jpg

DSCF0465-2-2.jpg

These two are stock removal on a similar grinder I now have(not finished):

My2and3.jpg

So there will be sole authorship knives comming soon, obviously not the forging though.

So Nick if you have some damascus available I would be interested to have a go at grinding it. Just let me know how much you want for it first :D

Btw way I love your work as well Nick, you make some awsome knives and some great looking damascus! :)

Thanks for your kind words, very appreciated.

Regards
/Magnus

Back