Forged in Fire - Season 10 Premieres on Wed Oct 4th

sgt1372

Platinum Member
For those of you who enjoy watching the show, the new season (Season 10) of Forged in Fire premieres on Wed October 4, 2023.

The theme this year is "On the Road" where the show will travel to different blade making locations around the country.

Here's the itinerary for the 1st 3 episodes of new season:

The 1st episode will be: "Heading to Texarkana, Texas, to the Bill Moran School of Bladesmithing, the oldest bladesmithing school in the country, where three of their top smiths will be put through the ultimate test."

The 2nd episode will be: "Heading to Bigfork, Mont., to the New Agrarian School where three of their top smiths will be tested like never before; after two grueling challenges only one will go on to represent the New Agrarian School in the finals for the ultimate grand prize."

And the 3rd episode will be heading to ". . . the world-renowned Clay Spencer Blacksmith shop [in North Carolina], where three of the forge's best smiths will be tested; the winner will have the chance to compete against other smiths from across America."

iu

Last edited:
Interesting, it’s seems like it’s been a while since the last season I thought they might be done. I have recently seen a few reruns on History and Vice.
I have my ideas on how I’d like the show filmed/edited moving forward but I’m sure they’ll do exactly the opposite.

Sounds like a nifty way to change things up for the show. Unfortunately I'll have to miss out: FIF has moved to streaming on a separate service through History Channel and no longer in Discovery+. I need another streaming service like I need a(nother) hole in my head.

I think I have missed the last 2 or 3 seasons. It's been a year since I saw a new episode.

It's been a year since they aired a new episode. I thought it was done for.

Forged in Fire only airs one season a year but it's a fairly long season & it obviously isn't "done for" just yet.

Last year they aired 26 episodes but the year before that they aired 45 episodes -- the most in the 9 seasons. The fewest # of epiodes aired were in the 1st 3 years -- 8, 10 & 16. And, the average # of episodes over the past 9 seasons has been 26.

So, it'll be interesting to see how many episodes are aired this year, which should give an indication of how committed they are in continuing the show going forward.

Last edited:
I like the show:

Over the past few years, has the FIF program had a positive effect on the blade forging scene?

Has there been a discernable growth in the Bladesmith Society attributable to FIF?

I like the show:

Over the past few years, has the FIF program had a positive effect on the blade forging scene?

Has there been a discernable growth in the Bladesmith Society attributable to FIF?
Positive effect?............ummmm.....probably not.....but ....

There has been a discernable growth in a LOT of people making knife shaped objects.

There's been a discernable growth in a whole bunch of egos.

There's been a discernable growth in the price of anvils, hammers and forging equipment.

There's been a discernable growth in misinformation and people that think you can make a good knife in 3 hours out of often questionable materials and they should be tested on things more suitable for a jackhammer.

So there's that.

Thanks, watching the old ones now. The new episode should have different format by going out to find blacksmiths.

Positive effect?............ummmm.....probably not.....but ....

There has been a discernable growth in a LOT of people making knife shaped objects.

There's been a discernable growth in a whole bunch of egos.

There's been a discernable growth in the price of anvils, hammers and forging equipment.

There's been a discernable growth in misinformation and people that think you can make a good knife in 3 hours out of often questionable materials and they should be tested on things more suitable for a jackhammer.

So there's that.
Agree!!! Let’s not forget about people thinking any knife blade with swirly patterns is Damascus. Honestly, I think the FIF show hurts the knife community because some people have lost respect for actual Bladesmiths. Like the other post mentioned, people think any piece of steel can be forged into a knife blade in a few hours and then pounded on with little or no damage.

"There's been a discernable growth in misinformation and people that think you can make a good knife in 3 hours out of often questionable materials and they should be tested on things more suitable for a jackhammer"

What he said.

That said, I watch the show, and will be watching this new season.

While the negative impact does exist, there’s also a very positive side too. An increasing interest in the knife hobby👍 A LOT of folks I’ve met want to talk about knives in a positive way. Also I’ve seen a lot of folks who had no idea about the knife world and are very interested in making and collecting. Most of the negative impact can easily be cured through discussion with folks who really didn’t know better.

Back