Forsaken Bacon!!! . . . Here's Our Newest Model. . . The "Whiskey Warden" . . .Coming Wed. 12-6-17

Got mine today, here it is next to a MSE - or not, since I can't seem to embed a photo properly...o_O

https://imgur.com/gallery/1F6iq1L

IPf9jcS.jpg

The fit/finish looks flawless! The tubes are different looking. I thought it would be similar to the Park Ranger using smaller tubes. These look flared a bit wider and counterbored (just guessing, can't really tell, kind of too perfect???) I like the look of a counterbore, classy little extra touch :thumbsup:

edit- I looked at the original pics, I think those close up shots on the bruiser G10 just really accentuate the tubes maybe?

Last edited:
Got my black micarta/satin yesterday. I love it. It fits my hand perfectly. Probably going to be my favorite little Busse, although it doesn’t have a ton of competition in the 3” blade category. Kind of wish I’d gone with tan micarta, but that’s cool, because my Mentor is in tan.

Got my black micarta/satin yesterday. I love it. It fits my hand perfectly. Probably going to be my favorite little Busse, although it doesn’t have a ton of competition in the 3” blade category. Kind of wish I’d gone with tan micarta, but that’s cool, because my Mentor is in tan.

Did you get your mentor already T? If so, how do you like these two comparatively? I missed out on that one. My maroon/satin WW arrived today and I can tell I'm going to like it. My L/XL hands are longer than wide and it fits me well. I've got a fastener that sits a little proud that might bug me, but all else looks good.

Last edited:
Did you get your mentor already T? If so, how do you like these two comparatively? I missed out on that one. My maroon/satin WW arrived today and I can tell I'm going to like it. My L/XL hands that are longer than wide and it fits me well. I've got a fastener that sits a little proud that might bug me, but all else looks good.
Oops, sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that I got the mentor yet, I only just got dinged to pay for it. I can compare the Whisky to the Game Warden, though... the GWs, despite the rounded butt, didn’t entirely fit right in my hands. That was the case even with some variation in the handle length among different versions. There was never a feeling with them that they were ergonomically poor, however, just not “optimal.” This is one of the only Busse models I’ve had where I actually felt a handle/choil mod helped me (another might have been the Park Ranger, though I didn’t end up trying it out with any mods).

The WW, meanwhile, fits perfectly for me, but I can see how, if your hand doesn’t quite make it into the sweet spot, it would be a real problem. So, in essence, I suppose it’s like the WW is a higher risk/reward model as far as ergos go. Otherwise I love the stock thickness, blade shape, choil, ricasso, and the new flared tubing. :thumbsup:

My pics are the same as everyone else's although I will post to show handle colors in "real life"...

The black micarta on these is really slick, as is the tan, and the green is always cool! Like Apo, I love the handles on these. I have medium sized hands. These knives just fit right for me. Never bought an original Warden so cannot compare. I am on waiting list for Mentor (I was in Africa when they hit and I slept through my alarm and missed the offering due to time difference!), hopefully I can get one off of the waiting list.

Great little blades. I have been using the Park Ranger for kitchen and general house stuff, and this is even handier for boxes, and cutting out vines from the weed eater head, etc...with the blade shape.

C

Oops, sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that I got the mentor yet, I only just got dinged to pay for it. I can compare the Whisky to the Game Warden, though... the GWs, despite the rounded butt, didn’t entirely fit right in my hands. That was the case even with some variation in the handle length among different versions. There was never a feeling with them that they were ergonomically poor, however, just not “optimal.” This is one of the only Busse models I’ve had where I actually felt a handle/choil mod helped me (another might have been the Park Ranger, though I didn’t end up trying it out with any mods).

The WW, meanwhile, fits perfectly for me, but I can see how, if your hand doesn’t quite make it into the sweet spot, it would be a real problem. So, in essence, I suppose it’s like the WW is a higher risk/reward model as far as ergos go. Otherwise I love the stock thickness, blade shape, choil, ricasso, and the new flared tubing. :thumbsup:

I haven't been able to stay caught up lately so wasn't sure about the mentor. My fault not yours! Thanks for the comparison shots with the game warden, another one I don't have, which is why I didn't want to miss out on the WW lol. And nice job on that choil mod!

I haven't been able to stay caught up lately so wasn't sure about the mentor. My fault not yours! Thanks for the comparison shots with the game warden, another one I don't have, which is why I didn't want to miss out on the WW lol. And nice job on that choil mod!
I wish I could take credit for that mod--well, I could say that "Tim did it," at least, but that was all @AZTimT's work. :D

Well, brother Sonny, you are teasing us just like Jerry does. Where and when did you meet those fine folk? You lucky piglet!

Good luck just fell from the clouds like the manna of old.
Received my shipping notice today. I am a bit euphoric. :)
don

Your pic caused quite a commotion here at the shop! :eek::eek::eek:

My brother Dan saw your pic of the Basil Hayden's and "Gazelle jumped" over my desk, tackling me to the ground all the while screaming, "That's my bottle!!! . . . .%$^#&" :eek::eek::confused:o_O

Finally after about 5 minutes of yelling back and forth and him putting his ham hooks through my computer screen, he realized that it was just a pic of his all-time favorite bourbon! :p:p:p

He has been inconsolable and has been locked in his office for hours where you can hear a weird mix of him grumbling and gently weeping! :(:(

Let's Drink!!!:thumbsup:

Jerry:D

My brother Dan saw your pic of the Basil Hayden's and "Gazelle jumped" over my desk, tackling me to the ground all the while screaming, "That's my bottle!!! . . . .%$^#&" :eek::eek::confused:o_O

Finally after about 5 minutes of yelling back and forth and him putting his ham hooks through my computer screen, he realized that it was just a pic of his all-time favorite bourbon! :p:p:p

He has been inconsolable and has been locked in his office for hours where you can hear a weird mix of him grumbling and gently weeping! :(:(

Dan "gazelle jumped"... o_O I don't know Jerry, I smell shenanigans! :p :D

Thanks for that hilarious imagery, it made my morning. I opened the bottle of Basil Hayden’s to celebrate the arrival of the Warden. Excellent knife and whiskey, thanks Boss!

Anybody happen to have a photo of a Maroon Canvas or Red & Black G10 Whiskey Warden? :)

Back