1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forsaken Mistress Coming February 14, 2018. . . 9:00 pm Eastern!!!. . . Specs And Pricing!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Feb 10, 2018.

1. boring

boring Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2005
    looks like 2 1/8" for nmfbm.

2. DrBuzzKill

DrBuzzKill Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 26, 2016
    This is going to be one expensive V-Day ... spending $$$ on a wife and a mistress!

GregB likes this.
  3. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Is it wrong to order a nuke and a CG, and then cancel one of them when I know what I can afford?

4. LizaMari

LizaMari Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2014
    I've always wanted a MOAB and this is like a scaled down version. I can't pass this up. I know I'd regret the hell out of it if I did.

I really should just go for the Combat Grade coated blade. Economics, you know. But that damned fuller....it looks so GOOD on that big ass blade...soooo... I'm going to go for the Nuclear Option. Wednesday night at 9pm be prepared for war at the trough!

My sister Mari, after I show her Jerry's knife reveal post with photos: You're really going to pay that much for a knife? Why are you so enthusiastic about knives? i don't get it...Don't you have enough knives?
    Me: Didn't you just drop a crapload of money on some new boots and a matching purse? Don't you have enough boots, shoes and handbags?
    Mari: But....but...that's what normal women spend money on! (and there it is) Not knives! (or firearms..Harley parts..etc) And no, I'll never have enough shoes! NEVER!
    Me: I'm not normal? :confused: Hey, in twenty five years I want to see how that pair of boots and that purse have held up compared to my knife....AND...unlike your stuff, my knives never go out of style.

(I'd bet some of the other ladies in the Bladeforums knife community experience similar scenarios once in a while:D)

5. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    Well, you're normal around here :cool:

Stereotypes are funny things though aren't they. As soon as you defy your stereotype people quickly start getting confused. It can be a lot of fun :D :)

F'lar and LizaMari like this.
  6. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I hated myself for passing on the Maobolo a couple years ago. I won’t make the same mistake on this one. CG for me!

LizaMari likes this.
  7. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    I think I need counseling.

LizaMari likes this.
  8. RobStanley

RobStanley

Dec 27, 2006
    That's a fair dinkum solid slab of INFI. Awesome stuff Jerry. Love it!! And cool to know the mighty MOAB has its roots in this design.

GregB likes this.
  9. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    :D at least my.wife doesn't care as long as the bills get.paid.

However, my knife money is seriously cutting into my gun money

GregB and LizaMari like this.
  10. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I wish we could see this offering next to a Shba and other Mistresses for a size comparison. I’m excited about this model.

11. bullpin

bullpin Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Nice stuff. Hope I can be quick enough for a nuke. Gonna be tough while working. Think I’ll stick with standard machined scales!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

12. fonedork

fonedork Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2011
    I’m gonna have to get comp finish because number of the beast and also VD day

13. fonedork

fonedork Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Actually on second thought I’m gonna try for the nuke, I’ll go to the bathroom or something around 8:58...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    LizaMari likes this.
  14. GregB

GregB Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2000
    I miss my MOAB, where's my credit card.....CG black micarta here I come. If this doesn't scratch that itch, it's a WTB add for a CG @.38./.36 MOAB at some point I guess.

15. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    The INFIforce is strong in this one!!!! :thumbsup: :eek: :cool:

Let's Drink!!!:cool:

Jerry:D

dogboye and LizaMari like this.
  16. Robdude

Robdude Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2015
    IDK.. 1/4" thickness on a 18"+ blade...?
    someone hold my hand an tell me everythings gonna be ok :(
    cause shes gonna get beat on...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    MattinLA likes this.
  17. Robdude

Feb 27, 2015
    Its so damn good lookin...just a mean,sexy design.. guess this is where i bite my lip an have faith in the strength of infi... i try to make a blade a safe queen..but that never works

dogboye and LizaMari like this.
  18. mpjustin

mpjustin Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Anybody have hand smoothed maroon micarta they can show me or other hand smooth micarta’s for that matter?

Thanks,
    Justin

19. Robdude

Feb 27, 2015
    My wife is a chef... i scored a satin infi mountainmandu for her..it is gonna be one AWESOME kitchen blade for her when she heads back to cooking school..can you imagine a talented chef girl busting out a Busse in the chefs kitchen?

20. Sethrotull

Sethrotull Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Not to poop on your parade but the mountainmandu is way to thick and wrong blade shape for kitchen work. It might be a novelty in the kitchen but not good for actual use.