forum bug (moz firebird)

I keep getting various images taking the place of other images and need to clear cache in mozzilla to clear it up. Like right now i see a members forum avatar as this smily :) and various other images are like this as well. Not a huge deal but is odd that they get mixxed up like this. Do the forums here use some form of dynamic nameing of the various forum images?

I used to the same problem, but it was not my browser, it was my ISP.

After going through every possibility on my own, I complained and complained, getting the same old boilerplate awnsers, so I gave up after pleading that the manager be shown the email (no response of course!). Apparently I was not the only one, or someone in power was convinced that the problem was not on my end, because it went away eventually

Sending to Service and Support Forum.

novaflare said:
I keep getting various images taking the place of other images and need to clear cache in mozzilla to clear it up. Like right now i see a members forum avatar as this smily :) and various other images are like this as well. Not a huge deal but is odd that they get mixxed up like this. Do the forums here use some form of dynamic nameing of the various forum images?

I use Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3 and have the exact same problem. I haven't noticed it anywhere else but BladeForums. It's a little wierd seeing Buzzabit's avatar where a winky emoticon is supposed to be. Or the QUOTE button where the frowny face should go...

I'm using Moz Firefox 1.0 and I have the same problem.

Clearing the cache seemed to do the trick. Hopefully I don't have to do that frequently.

Also having the same problem.

Clearing cache fixed it.

Some balisong icon and a picture of a dog or something...

Here is what it looks like when it happens:

Peace,
Fisher of Men

They just released ver. 1.0.1 for a security bug fix. Upgrading to that may help (not because of the security issue, but the latest code may be more internet friendly).

Thought it was just me having this problem, I'm running firefox 1.0.1 and have cleared my cache and am still seeing pictures in odd places.

For example, the green box for reputation points is the flag avatar, the smile icon is a bold uppercase letter u, etc. buncha regular things in odd places, anyone figure out how to correct this? I state again, I have cleared my cache and it didn't correct the problem.

-SunRunner-

Just checked with Firefox 1.0 and there were no problems whatsoever (i usually use Exploder and have avatars disabled in settings stored in cookie on IE machine).

Are you using web proxy by any chance ? (if the ISP isreally to blame as it was suggested you might want to try different proxy)

I have been with Firefox since the .8 beta release.
When I upgraded to 1.0 this started happening.
As Fisher of Men stated clearing the cache fixes it for me.

Gus

Back