Found arm hair on the blade right out of box?

Recently bought a Mini Grip 555HG from Amazon (shipped and sold by Amazon) and I noticed some short arm hair on the blade right out of the box. It makes me wonder if shaving arm hair is part of Benchmade's quality check for proper sharpness before ship out? Is it common? The seal stickers on the box seems intact and Amazon claimed that to be a brand new item. It just makes me feel so weird to see some arm hair on the new knife...

that's rather amusing, cant wait to hear the Benchmade response to that one

No we absolutely do not test the blades with our arm hair! :confused: It could be a return to Amazon as stated above. Those stickers can be re-applied pretty easy and I doubt Amazon tracks every returned knife.

No we absolutely do not test the blades with our arm hair! :confused: It could be a return to Amazon as stated above. Those stickers can be re-applied pretty easy and I doubt Amazon tracks every returned knife.
Let hair then? Eyebrows from someone asleep in the break room?

amazon takes anything back used or damaged. i know they dont check returns well or at all as ive gotten used stuff sent to me from them.

im talking sold and shipped from amazon not some third party seller. i dont buy from third parties on amazon as i can always get it cheaper direct from that third party then through the 3rd party dealer through amazon with amazons profit tacked on top of it.

That isn't arm hair!!!!!
Don't buy knives from Amazon. This is the kind if BS that ends up happening. I'm going to say this yet again, for the 1,000th time - Buy from legitimate and reputable dealers that sell and deal in knives only/primarily. They know their products, they can tell what is real and what is counterfeit and you get a DNA free knife every time. The cost of saving a few bucks is often more than just paying what the item costs outright. People just don't learn.
I would be willing to bet money that Amazon does NOT check for returned knives, they have their staff on a specific schedule to acquire, package and ship the item, Fast! Fast! Fast! Those people deal with tens of thousands of items from toe nail clippers to water bottles, they don't know knives any better than they know other products. There was a story about a used Benchmade 710 that made the rounds to 2 or 3 different people on this very forum, it was the exact same knife. Each time it was returned they just threw it back on the shelf. It was a used 710, and no one bothered to follow up on the complaint the first or second time around. Come on people.

That isn't arm hair!!!!!
Don't buy knives from Amazon. This is the kind if BS that ends up happening. I'm going to say this yet again, for the 1,000th time - Buy from legitimate and reputable dealers that sell and deal in knives only/primarily. They know their products, they can tell what is real and what is counterfeit and you get a DNA free knife every time. The cost of saving a few bucks is often more than just paying what the item costs outright. People just don't learn.
I would be willing to bet money that Amazon does NOT check for returned knives, they have their staff on a specific schedule to acquire, package and ship the item, Fast! Fast! Fast! Those people deal with tens of thousands of items from toe nail clippers to water bottles, they don't know knives any better than they know other products. There was a story about a used Benchmade 710 that made the rounds to 2 or 3 different people on this very forum, it was the exact same knife. Each time it was returned they just threw it back on the shelf. It was a used 710, and no one bothered to follow up on the complaint the first or second time around. Come on people.
^yep. well said, Sir.

course that used 710 is probably not such a disappointment and kinda valuable nowadays.:)

That isn't arm hair!!!!!
Don't buy knives from Amazon. This is the kind if BS that ends up happening. I'm going to say this yet again, for the 1,000th time - Buy from legitimate and reputable dealers that sell and deal in knives only/primarily. They know their products, they can tell what is real and what is counterfeit and you get a DNA free knife every time. The cost of saving a few bucks is often more than just paying what the item costs outright. People just don't learn...

Pretty much my sentiments. I had some bad and some good experiences with knife purchases on Amazon. Then I found out that the many reputable dealers (KW, KC, DLT, KSF, BHQ, etc) often have lower prices. Additionally, I always put in the comments for them to check the knife for centering and blade play before they ship it out. I stopped purchasing most knives from Amazon after I received a Rat 1 folder with a deformation in the blade under the pivot.

Back