Four Fave Spyderco’s

Quite envious or your Nirvana. How do you like that knife as a user?

Honestly it fits a “dress knife” role for me. My K2 is my daily workhorse, I carry my Nirvana to church and casual outings. I use it when I need to but I’m generally in situations where I know it won’t be hard use.
I really like the way it carries and feels in hand, and love the manufacturing processes that went into this knife.

Honestly it fits a “dress knife” role for me. My K2 is my daily workhorse, I carry my Nirvana to church and casual outings. I use it when I need to but I’m generally in situations where I know it won’t be hard use.
I really like the way it carries and feels in hand, and love the manufacturing processes that went into this knife.
I totally get that. One of the coolest knives they’ve put out in my opinion.

Caly 3 or 3.5 (kind of a tie) primary edc carry
Lil Temp serrated leaf for more hard use tasks
Cricket primary small utility edc carry
Kopa as my gentleman’s dress knife

Large = Military
Medium = Native 5 fluted
Small = Kiwi
Collaboration = Starmate (Though I have not owned a Nirvana - still looking).

W0PmujN.jpg
Painting the lake to match your knife scales is a Federal Felony !!!

Wasn't too hard to find and, actually, the lists that I previously posted were for the Top 3 in 22 (mostly "made up") categories. I could easily "make up" a new set of lists w/a top 4 in each category now.

My intention was to be humously sarcastic in listing SO many knives in SO many different categories, which is still my intention now. It's just a reflection of the "diversity" of the type of knives that Spyderco has made and that I own.

I'd make some changes based on the passage of time and changes in my collection but here they are as they were originally listed. Note: After a knife was listed in 1 category, it was not used in any other even though there were a # of knives that fit more than 1 category.

I did at one time own all of the knives listed and still own "most" of them plus others not previously listed (except for the Szabofly that I'm still trying to find for a price that I'm willing to pay). I have only sold a few that no longer deserve being listed based on what's currently in my collection.

EDC:
1) Advocate
2) Amalgam
3) Native 5 (Fluted CF)

Flippers:
1) Mantra 3
2) Positron
3) Sliverax

Vintage:
1) Gen 2 S/S Police
2) Goddard FRN LW
3) Calypso Micarta

Autos:
1) Valloton D/A
2) Automony 2 (LC200N)
3) Citadel

Balis:
1) Spyderfly
2) Janisong
3) Szabofly

Titanium:
1) Nirvana
2) Drunken
3) Military Ti Fluted

Fixed Blades:
1) Perrin Street Beat (Gen 1/Satin Blade)
2) Ronin
3) Reverse

Ethnic Series:
1) Pattada
2) Hungarian
3) Persian

Specialty Knives:
1) LionSpy
2) Mike Draper
3) Tighe Stick

Fighting Knives:
1) Yojimbo
2) Introvert
3) P'Kal

Upswept Blades:
1) 100 Pacer
2) K2
3) Mamba

Gentleman Folders:
1) Viele
2) Centofante 3
3) Des Horn

Hawkbills:
1) Karahawk
2) Matriarch
3) Gen 1 Merlin FRN Clip-it

Economy Models:
1) Resilience
2) Tenacious
3) Efficient

4" Long Blades:
1) Military G10
2) Native Chief
3) Ulize

Emerson type Openers:
1) Tropen
2) Endura Lone Wolf Tactical Armorer's Edition
3) Matriarch

Classic Designs:
1) Starmate
2) Gayle Bradley 1
3) Rubicon CF 1

Kitchen/Fishing Knives:
1) SpydieChef (LC200N)
2) Mule Team 25 (LC200N)
3) Catcherman

Slip-its:
1) PITS Folder Ti Blue
2) UK Penknife
3) Terzuola Slip-it

Sharp Pointy Blades:
1) JD Smith
2) Renegade
3) Ikuchi

Rescue Knives:
1) Gen 1 D'Allara Rescue
2) Autonomy 1
3) Gen 1 93 mm Rescue FRN

Compression Lock:
1) Para Military 2
2) Shaman
3) Smock

Ref: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/three-favorite-spydies.1695072/page-2#post-19379846
What, no ARK?

ARK.jpg

I'm pretty boring, but:

PM2 S35VN
Manix 2 Cruwear
Caribbean Leaf Blade
Street Beat

That list might be subject to change when the Swick 5 finally comes out, or if I finally try out a Shaman.

- Police 4 (K390)
- Para 3 (REX 45)
- Pacific Salt 2 SE (LC200N)
- Mule Team (Magnacut)

20220526_230033.jpg

Stretch 2 (K390) gets an honorable mention. It's not in the top 4 because I think the design sacrifices too much edge length in favor of the choil. Otherwise the overall size and design are spot on.

Same with the Street Bowie. Superb design, I just wish it came in some updated steel. VG-10 gets the job done but doesn't keep a shaving edge as long as I'd like.

Last edited:
Back