Free Rein SR-3V Performance Videos!

VooDooWitchDoctor

The Swamp is happy to finalize these performance videos for your consumption.

A lot of time and effort has been put into testing and tuning our SR-3V steel (CPM-3V steel with our proprietary Heat Treat protocol) and the results speak for themselves!

Check out these videos when you get a chance.

The really exciting news is that the second batch of Free Rein Swords is back on the website and can be ordered once again!

Swamp Rat Knives is very proud to be producing the highest performance rendition of CPM-3V on the market today.

It's good to be back and I look forward to your feedback.

Voodoo

Finally, was able to do a cut test video with some Costco Jamon Serrano pig leg fun blade. Total amateur video editing job. Not a content creator, just a dad enjoying a super fun blade and sharing with the bladeforum community. NOT as cool as Voodoo's video. Enjoy fellow Swamprats!

Last edited:
Finally, was able to do a cut test video with some Costco Jamon Serrano pig leg fun blade. Total amateur video editing job. Not a content creator, just a dad enjoying a super fun blade and sharing with the bladeforum community. NOT as cool as Voodoo's video. Enjoy fellow Swamprats!

Really cool video, thanks 👍

Is it possible to get pics of the tang on these swords? Are these similar build to the old swamp rats with the rounded angles and the near full-width or are these trending toward more of a stick tang?

Not a Busse nut like some here, but c'mon the performance videos alone should convince you that "full tang" is not what makes these blades tough. Heat treat, steel selection, geometry and design are enough.Even If it's not "FULL TANG!" I doubt that extra few millimetres/ eigths of a cubit or whatever you measure the tang with, is really going to add anything but weight.

Not a Busse nut like some here, but c'mon the performance videos alone should convince you that "full tang" is not what makes these blades tough. Heat treat, steel selection, geometry and design are enough.Even If it's not "FULL TANG!" I doubt that extra few millimetres/ eigths of a cubit or whatever you measure the tang with, is really going to add anything but weight.
360joules 360joules wants info on something very expensive he wants to invest in... sounds fair to me.

Just a curiosity: what distinguishes SR-3V from other commercially available 3V or Delta-3V blades?
I know the Busse crew has worked hard on the heat treatment protocol, so I’d love to hear what the improvements are, compared to others! (Especially since I am no metallurgist, and not exactly experienced with too many competing 3V blades.)

Just a curiosity: what distinguishes SR-3V from other commercially available 3V or Delta-3V blades?
I know the Busse crew has worked hard on the heat treatment protocol, so I’d love to hear what the improvements are, compared to others! (Especially since I am no metallurgist, and not exactly experienced with too many competing 3V blades.)
They will definitely not release info on the heat treat process. The best would be side by side testing with all three. I bet at some stage someone will do this.

They will definitely not release info on the heat treat process. The best would be side by side testing with all three. I bet at some stage someone will do this.
Definitely not looking for the protocol specifics or any of their treatment process. Just wondering about their RESULTING product differentiation. How is SR-3V different based on their heart treatment, compared to other “standard” heat treated 3v or even compared to D3V.

Back