Recommendation? Freek scales

I'm looking at getting one of the older (and now discontinued) Benchmade Freek models, specifically the 560SBK. These are the ones with the black rubber overmold on their scales. I was wondering if that rubber creates an issue with getting the knife in and out of the pocket. Is there a lot of grab and friction created by that rubber? Is it difficult/worse than other knives to get in and out of the pocket? Thanks in advance

I have the mini version and in my experience, yes, it’s difficult to get it in and out of a pocket. It’s pretty comfortable in hand though.

Those scales do grab the pocket like no other. I got rid of them with a spare G10 set from a super freek. Been looking at the Aramis replacements as well.

Those scales do grab the pocket like no other. I got rid of them with a spare G10 set from a super freek. Been looking at the Aramis replacements as well.
Did you get the Super Freek scales by buying that knife as well or did you buy them on their own and if so, where? I considered doing that but didn't know if it was possible

Did you get the Super Freek scales by buying that knife as well or did you buy them on their own and if so, where? I considered doing that but didn't know if it was possible

I ended up buying the super freek and swapped scales on both. Worked great, the M4 blade and rubber combo looks ok and can take a beating.

Anyone have any experience with the Aramis scales? They appear to have a different shape than the stock 560 Freek scales.

I love the 560 but absolutely hate the way it resists going into my pockets. I rarely carry it because of that. Some new scales will give it a new lease on life...

The choice of grip material is the only thing I don't like about the Freek. I hope the discontinuation of the Freek this year was to clear the way for a rethink of the scales -- much the way they did with the Presidio.

The choice of grip material is the only thing I don't like about the Freek. I hope the discontinuation of the Freek this year was to clear the way for a rethink of the scales -- much the way they did with the Presidio.

If they release am S30v Freek with something other than that rubber I would get one in a heartbeat. I love my Super Freek! Or if they ever add the Freek to the customizer I would go that route. M4 with blue scales and blacked out hardware to match my M4 Grip!

Back