Fresh Custom Kiridashi's

Just completed these custom Kiridashi's. Went nuts with the camera, just practising some picture angles.

Both are 6inches OAL with a one sided grind and a newer, much nicer blade finish that doesn't take long to complete. I still consider it a "working finish" for my lower cost knives. Its satin finished, buffed and then satin finished again - I like how it turns out. :)

First one has "early cut" Cocobolo with facetted handle finish.
Second one has my "Reptilian" textured black-olive linen Micarta and is a custom Left-Hand version.

Whaddya guys think ? Thanks for looking. Jason.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

They'd make a great "last defence" blade.What kind of sheath comes with it? A quick deployment type sheath would be cool.Again great job.:thumbup:

savagesicslayer said:
They'd make a great "last defence" blade.What kind of sheath comes with it? A quick deployment type sheath would be cool.Again great job.:thumbup:

Yup, I made these to suit the trend for "Tactical" kiridashi's, but there seems to be a real traditionalist presence. Half of all kiridashi's I make end up being for customers who want woodworking tools.

Here are some sheaths I made for a previous batch of kiridashi's. Thanks. Jason.

orig.jpg

Back